autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior products.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    After cleaning the interior, I used to use Adam's interior detailer because it said it had some UV protection in it. It didn't give you a shiny look and didn't seem to add any feel of protectant onboard, like gooey feel or slick feel. I'm not sure how the newest version is though as I understand they updated it a year or so ago. Now I just use P&S and don't apply anything else on my vehicles. I must say I do like the idea of some UV protection. I definitely prefer the flat, clean non-dressing look.
    I agree with you, ive founds adams interior detailer does everything you described and gives me i want my interiors to look like.

And i do use the new version of adams interior detailer(with microban).

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    After cleaning the interior, I used to use Adam's interior detailer because it said it had some UV protection in it. It didn't give you a shiny look and didn't seem to add any feel of protectant onboard, like gooey feel or slick feel. I'm not sure how the newest version is though as I understand they updated it a year or so ago. Now I just use P&S and don't apply anything else on my vehicles. I must say I do like the idea of some UV protection. I definitely prefer the flat, clean non-dressing look.
    Got a gallon of the new Adam’s by accident (meant to order small bottle.... Amazon). Haven’t used it yet. I also got it for the UV aspect as when I ordered as I had a convertible at the time.

My normal go to is Meguiars IQD.

If looking for a nice protectant PBL is great. Ad’s a slight shine but no gloss. Looks brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Got a gallon of the new Adam’s by accident (meant to order small bottle.... Amazon). Haven’t used it yet. I also got it for the UV aspect as when I ordered as I had a convertible at the time.

My normal go to is Meguiars IQD.

If looking for a nice protectant PBL is great. Ad’s a slight shine but no gloss. Looks brilliant.

Coatingsarecrack...which adams scent did you get? cedarwood is my favorite, but they dont sell in a gallon. got a gallon of eucalyptus mint. that has NO scent to it, which is fine with me.

I might have to try PBL...im intrigued lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Coatingsarecrack...which adams scent did you get? cedarwood is my favorite, but they dont sell in a gallon. got a gallon of eucalyptus mint. that has NO scent to it, which is fine with me.

I might have to try PBL...im intrigued lol
    Same one... read somewhere the cucumber one smells like grandmas house

7. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On my own garage kept cars, I will usually just use a damp microfibre to wipe the interior down. The exception to that would be my Ranger, where sometimes I might need a clean muddy scuffs with some APC. The Ranger also gets some 303 every few months to protect from spend most of it life in the sun.

I have recently been using and liking Meguiar's D149 Quick Interior Cleaner.

I like that this saves time on a customer car, cleaning and protecting in one step. Now it does not give the depth of finish like a dedicated dressing such as 303, but leave the interior looking clean and fresh.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack, CleanIT, dmiracle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    On my own garage kept cars, I will usually just use a damp microfibre to wipe the interior down. The exception to that would be my Ranger, where sometimes I might need a clean muddy scuffs with some APC. The Ranger also gets some 303 every few months to protect from spend most of it life in the sun.

I have recently been using and liking Meguiar's D149 Quick Interior Cleaner.

I like that this saves time on a customer car, cleaning and protecting in one step. Now it does not give the depth of finish like a dedicated dressing such as 303, but leave the interior looking clean and fresh.
    Hows the smell? The OTC version smells great but i’ve read the detailer’s gallon version doesn’t smell good.

Reason I opted for the Adams. Well also the UV protection and Microban disinfectant.

Post Thanks / Like

Hows the smell? The OTC version smells great but i’ve read the detailer’s gallon version doesn’t smell good.

Reason I opted for the Adams. Well also the UV protection and Microban disinfectant.

I have both the Detailer and OTC versions, if there is a difference in smell, its hard to detect, and I have a very strong sense of smell. Both have a prominent citrus scent, which I didn't really like at first but it does freshen the interior smell overall. It also has a UV protective element as well. I like that I can use it on pretty much every surface without streaking, saving me time on customer cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Interior products.

Meguiar's had a bad batch of the detailers gallon size a while back. That was the reason for the difference in smell.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars quick interior detailer on all of my vehicles. 303 for the Jeep when I know I’ll have the top off for awhile. A little too shiny for my liking. And my knee makes rub marks on the door panel, so you can see where it was rubbed off.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

15. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The best tip I can give you is put the spray bottle away when cleaning. Either use a cleaner (APC, ONR, etc.) out of a small 2 gallon bucket or saturate a MF with detailer. It's faster, cleans better and you aren't breathing chemical vapor. I only use speciality cleaners and protectants out of a sprayer. I haven't noticed enough difference in cost to matter and the time savings more than makes up for the extra pennies (or even dimes).

You need product on the surfaces to clean, not little blasts of spray mist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast