autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Interior products.

Just did a couple interiors. Except vacuuming I kinda enjoy it.

Just wanted to talk about products I like and don’t like and see what you all use.

First off P&S Xpress interior cleaner. I’ve use for a while as kinda a spray and wipe interior QD mixed 1 part Xpress and 3 parts water. Worked well.

I decided to try to clean entire interior. Did not like AT ALL undiluted. To hard to wipe away. Was going to reserve to IQD status but decided to give it a shot at 50/50. It was awesome.... liked it better than my Connolly’s!

I did my moms care recently and although she always appreciates not sure she ever notice what I did.

After cleaning the seats and let sit over night before coating she came in and asked “Did you clean the seats? They look good!”

Did a full correction and coated every exterior part and looks night and say better nothing....

Leather looks kinda funky in picture but they came out nice. I first coated everything with PBL V&L coating and all looked great. By far my favorite interior product.

That product leaves a low satin uniform glow. In these pics I gummed it up because I wanted to try 303 over it. Made everything shiny no matter how I wiped down (leveled?).

I know alot of people like it and sure it protects good but I’m not a fan.

Coated the sets with LeatherShield and was a little disappointed. I’m sure it protects well and it is definitely hydrophobic’s but didn’t affect the looks as much as I was expecting. Was hoping it would darken a bit but no such luck on the 6 year old Rav4.

I would not use the coating again on the old seats. May try the PBL L&V or maybe give Colour Lock a try.

Used the P&SXon the Katzkins and rest of the interior in the Camaro and the L&V coating on all the interior except the seats. Katzkins doesn’t recommend using cleaners and protectants but the P&SX did wonders at that 50/50 ratio.

Didn’t use either coating in here as Katzkin doesn’t recommend anything and Gyeon says not to use coating on aniline leather. If i find out the PBL ok i may use that or just go with the Gyeon Leather coat i have as Gyeon recommends that.

Will maintain with the P&S and Adam’s interior cleaner.

Few of questions:

Anyone else not a fan of 303?

Any good spray and wipe (no buffing) interior protectants? I’m not looking for QD recommendations.

What are your favorite interior products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior products.

I used 303 for years, and then I came on here five years ago or so and asked the experts if they like something better. Five pages later the answer was clear POOR BOYS NATURAL LOOK… I’ve been using it ever since, it is amazing stuff makes surfaces look like new, not oily or greasy, just new.
    Glen -

4. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB, skiwhmts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the P&S Express interior at full strength....never had any issues with it. Never tried at it 50/50...maybe I will now. I only use it on interiors that do not need anything more than a wipe down. For interiors that need a little more cleaning power, I turn to Griots Garage interior cleaner. As far as 303 goes, it is okay.....I'm just not into interior dressing.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No interior dressing here any more either If I were doing a detail and the customer requested it, I’d use 303.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used a few interior detailers - Griots most often, and sometime Herrenfahrt Dashboard Detailer - leaves a nice satin sheen and most recently I coated the entire interior with PBL Leather and Vinyl Coating, my results mirror yours and that's what I will use going forward. Interior cleaners - Griots - very mild but works, Nextzett Cockpit Premium- a little stronger and has a nice scent .

Not the best interior pic of the interior (applied PBL Coating a few months ago). I do like the satin matt sheen it leaves as well as a coating' protection.

Interior products.-thumbnail_img_7296-jpg

10. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 303. I got a gallon for $35 so I'll be using it for a while. The only spot that gets too shiny for my taste is the vinyl trim at the top of the doors. Not sure if it's because of the texture of that vinyl or if it's because the it gets more light from being right by the windows.

Post Thanks / Like

$35 a gallon is great! I paid more than that years ago.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually switch between, Meguiars M40, 303, and CarPro PERL. They all turn out just like what you showed. If there are any spots that look shiny you can always take a new dry towel and wipe it all down they will smooth out perfectly. I love all 3 of those and couldnt pick one over the other 2.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Just did a couple interiors. Except vacuuming I kinda enjoy it.

Few of questions:

Anyone else not a fan of 303?

Any good spray and wipe (no buffing) interior protectants? I’m not looking for QD recommendations.

What are your favorite interior products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I Love vacuuming… However if/when I’m dealing with an extraordinary thrashed interior it can take me a borderline absurd amount of time to thoroughly vacuum [meaning level 10 fully detailed vacuum] and whenever it gets past the 1hr. mark for just the vacuum step it begins to bug me to the point where I start feeling like I’m somehow off to a bad start. I’ve spent as much as a couple of hours vacuuming some vehicles that I’ve detailed. [I know that sounds crazy, but so were the interiors]

The good thing is that once I’m done with that level of vacuuming, everything else is sort of easy from that point forward.

-As far as 303 Protectant?
    I’ve had this little bottle for a while but I’ve never had the guts to use it on someone’s interior after all the stories I’ve read, and there’s certainly no need for it inside my own car. So it remains unopened on my shelf.

-Interior Detailers? I’ve got a gallon of the Mckees. Mixed bag of results TBO
    If I’m judging it for it’s cleaning power it’s a complete dud. Doesn’t clean + when used on a dirty surface it tends to stick/cling and not allow the towel to easily glide and wipe. That’s annoying.

Judging the scent: Outstanding. Doesn’t get much better in this department.

Using it as a “quick interior detailer” on a already clean interior: This works well, but then again what’s the point besides the scent and maybe spot/fingerprint final wipedown.. And even then, for spot check/fingerprints there’s better products.

It works well for that final wipedown though and the scent is great. I expect that gallon to last a very long time.

-Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer: Now this product works great at both cleaning and spot check/fingerprint wipedowns. So good you could even use it on glass without issues.. However I still don’t know if I can trust what it may smell like. I can get past the scent, but most people don’t like the so called bad batch scent.

-Blackfire Leather Complete: Here’s an absolute winning product, however my only knock is it has an interesting scent that you sort of has an acquired scent that not everyone will grow to accept. I’ve personally gotten used to it and the results far outweigh the scent.

-Honorable mention: Mothers Revision Glass & Surface Cleaner. Hands down my favorite spot check/final dashboard fingerprint wipedown product. Pretty good glass cleaner too even though I don’t use it for that.

-Interior Dressing/Protectant? Hyper Dressing @1:1
    This actually works and looks pretty amazing especially on vehicles with dark/black vinyl interiors. Best of all I already have plenty of it so there’s no need to buy a separate product. Lasts a good while on interiors + has a nice scent.

16. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After cleaning the interior, I used to use Adam's interior detailer because it said it had some UV protection in it. It didn't give you a shiny look and didn't seem to add any feel of protectant onboard, like gooey feel or slick feel. I'm not sure how the newest version is though as I understand they updated it a year or so ago. Now I just use P&S and don't apply anything else on my vehicles. I must say I do like the idea of some UV protection. I definitely prefer the flat, clean non-dressing look.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast