autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex Wax , application method #2 (drying aid)

Washed the car finally after getting it snowed on & driving through salty slush. During the initial rinse, the water beaded on the top surfaces and sheeted on the lower verticals. Once washed and during the rinse, it went back to beading everywhere.

I usually use the Wet Wax as a drying aid, but this time I decided to use the Flex Wax (the #2 method recommended by TW for application). It did a really good job and the paint felt VERY slick under the drying towel (something I never really felt with the Wet Wax). I did get a FEW smears on the side panels, but I think that it was because the water had almost all run off and the panels were practically dry - I probably should have re-wet them. The finish turned out great, no spots or anything ... except for the few minor smears on some of the sides.

I have used the Wet Wax on a dry surface before (applying and removing it the same way I did the Ceramic Spray, or Graphene Spray) and it worked well enough, so I think I'm going to start using the Wet Wax as protection for my rims and door jambs. I still have over 1-1/2 bottles of it left, so it should last a while just using it like that.

So far, I have zero complaints about the Flex Wax - application, removal and short-term durability are all good, even with Ohio's *All-Four-Seasons-in-One-Day-Weather.*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flex Wax , application method #2 (drying aid)-tn_drying-aid-1-jpg   Flex Wax , application method #2 (drying aid)-tn_drying-aid-2-jpg  
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex Wax , application method #2 (drying aid)

Thanks for the info. I was wondering how it worked as a drying aid. I am currently also are using the wet wax as my drying aid. It does work great on wheels too. I will also get a smear once in a while with the wet wax. on the side panels. I attribute this to over use. 1-2 sprays per panel is all that is needed. I tend to over do it.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex Wax , application method #2 (drying aid)

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering how it worked as a drying aid. I am currently also are using the wet wax as my drying aid. It does work great on wheels too. I will also get a smear once in a while with the wet wax. on the side panels. I attribute this to over use. 1-2 sprays per panel is all that is needed. I tend to over do it.
    So do I. I think my smears are caused by a combination of things: over use and the sides drying so fast that there is not enough water on the panel, so I'm basically 'dry applying.'
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual