autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

All new Dodo Juice! (ShineCraft wax review)

So a little while ago DodoJuice had a giveaway for redesign and launch of new products. It was on a forum similar to ours in the UK.

They had two threads, one for long time users and one for people who never used DDJ before.

I’ve never used it but thought it was nice they were soliciting thoughts of users and non users alike.

I gave feed back but noted wasn’t looking to win free products as i live in US and someone closer to home could probably use more than me. Also not a wax guy.

So of course i win and got an email from Dom from DDJ. He wanted to send it to me anyways but told me I would probably not get the larger size.

Super nice of them. I got to choose one (Farrous Dueller, best name in the detail game and the sent one of their choice..... ShineCraft Hybrid wax

This a review of the wax.

From Dodo Juice:

Hybrid waxes are a fusion of premium natural waxes (like carnauba) and high tech sealant technologies.

This means they deliver the best of both worlds. Great filling, gloss enhancement, water behaviour and ease of use from the wax elements. And superb longevity, durability (including solvent/heat resistance) and shine from the sealant constituents.

In fact, our hybrid waxes are so good that they can go toe to toe with true ceramic sealants for many months and outperform the cheap so-called 'ceramic' products easily. The difference is that you don't need to panel-wipe your car first and you won't need to machine polish off unsightly residues if you get it wrong. More filling and ease of use than a genuine ceramic, and water behaviour that lasts just as long in real terms (ceramics really need actively maintaining every 3 months)... versus the fact you'd just need to recoat your car every 6 months rather than every year... no wonder so many customers are coming back to traditional waxes.

Shinecraft is based on our award-winning Supernatural Hybrid recipe that took the detailing community by storm at launch, winning Detailing World's Best Wax and Best Sealant awards in the same year. After all, it's a bit of both.

With no dedicated colouring, it suits all finishes or use it on light colours, whites and silvers. We always recommend hybrid waxes for customers with metallic or pearlescent cars, because the sealant component gives a little more reflection and shine than regular carnauba waxes. And being heat resistant, you can use hybrid waxes as dedicated wheel sealants

Been many years since I used a wax and plan on using a coating but one I want wasn’t in stock so will coat in fall. Was thinking PA for summer but this fell into my lap and I remembered how I loved the look of an white Audi I use to own so here it goes

I didn’t use an iron remover nor clay as I had just iron X’d it a couple months ago and was only using a cleaner wax so did not want to instill marring.

Washed:

Foamed with Griots surface wash and then bucket wash with Mckee’s Coating prep soap to knock down the PA Cosmic that was on it.

Polish:

Hit a couple areas with the SK mini, LC 3” flat and Griots correcting cream and then polished with P21s paint cleansing cream.

Waxed:

Dodo Juice ShineCraft

Application was a little more work and time consuming than my normal PA Cosmic application....With that being said it was easy to apply for a wax. I liked foam better than a MF applicator. Removal was a tad sticky but I believe I was over applying.

Once applied let haze for 4-5 minutes.

Came out great and the deep look of freshly applied wax is a beautiful thing. Will probably apply next time with my 3” to ease up the application.

Pictures don’t do it justice and it was evening. I’ll post some pics in the sun tomorrow.

Also protected the wheels with PA Supersport. That stuff makes all wheels look great!

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: All new Dodo Juice! (ShineCraft wax review)

How would you compare this to the new Gyeon wax?

3. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I was thinking the same thing as well as the TW Graphene Paste. I just used DoDo Blue Velvet on my Black Acura and was very impressed.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Mike Phillips

Dom and pj at DodoJuice are great guys!

And "yes" pj like to spell his name in all lower case letters.

Post Thanks / Like

Inquiring minds want to know!

7. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t seen water beading yet but suspect beading will go to Gyeon. This definitely has it in the looks.

Where PA cosmic looks to have shine and reflectiveness, the ShineCraft just glows. It’s definitely not a look that I have not seen in a while as I just use sio2 based products.

It’s got me thinking maybe wax for the Chevelle.

9. Thanks fly07sti thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on! For me personally, I enjoy waxing classic cars. It feels more intimate if that makes sense. lol

11. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool car and good story!

I was given some Dojo Juice Purple Haze by BudgetPlan1. Awesome wax and really easy to work with.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on! For me personally, I enjoy waxing classic cars. It feels more intimate if that makes sense. lol
    There is a reason why LP/vinyl records outsold CD’s last year for the first time since the 80. Trends are cyclical and I totally agree with wax being an experience. I think wax even has a different look. Probably couldn’t tell from more than two feet away, but I swear some cars I wax seem to actually shimmer in sunlight.

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    There is a reason why LP/vinyl records outsold CD’s last year for the first time since the 80. Trends are cyclical and I totally agree with wax being an experience. I think wax even has a different look. Probably couldn’t tell from more than two feet away, but I swear some cars I wax seem to actually shimmer in sunlight.
    No definitely a different look... actually makes paint glow in a different way than at least the sealants i used. Like that these hybrid waxes have 4-6 month stated life span.

Ultimately i would like to top a coating with carnauba but read it doesn’t stick to the coating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast