autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE One Step - I'm a Believer!

AWESOME work!

BF One Step is no joke. I have only used it twice so far, and it is an amazing no-hype, all-business product.

But then again, it is a Blackfire product, so that's no surprise.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks crg001 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    AWESOME work!

BF One Step is no joke. I have only used it twice so far, and it is an amazing no-hype, all-business product.

But then again, it is a Blackfire product, so that's no surprise.
    I tried Black fire one step years ago when it had the old packaging. It was only ok but maybe the formulation has changed. I will get some once my 3D speed runs out since I like the idea of it being a sealant based and not wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    Thank you! Have you used M799 in direct sun? I do really like the OTC Megs Ceramic Detailer, I'm assuming this is a more concentrated version of it?
    I have M799 and hybrid detailer. I would avoid sun with both of them.

Yes M799 is a more concentrated version of the detailer. Mix M799 1:3 to roughly make the detailer.

5. Thanks crg001 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    I tried Black fire one step years ago when it had the old packaging. It was only ok but maybe the formulation has changed. I will get some once my 3D speed runs out since I like the idea of it being a sealant based and not wax.
    I never used the "older formula", but I love Speed.

BF works every bit as well as Speed. BF has the edge in correction ability, IMO. But Speed leaves the paint much slicker in the end. Again, IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used 3D Speed as well, and it does leave the surface a bit slicker and has that wax-like smooth gloss to it. BF One Step definitely has the edge in correcting ability and a little bit more longevity with its sealant. Both are super easy to use and wipe off. From what I've read this new formula is a significant upgrade from the old one, but I never tried the old formula.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Have you used M799 in direct sun? I do really like the OTC Megs Ceramic Detailer, I'm assuming this is a more concentrated version of it?
    I have. I was going to re-up my D156 when a detailer friend told me about M799. Said “it’s like D156 on steroids”. I can’t comment on the durability of it yet because I’ve only used it about 10 times on different vehicles but if it lasts more than 2 weeks, I’m good with that. I have always used D156 because it worked so well in direct sun. It also has a “self leveling” feature which basis makes it melt into the paint. It sounded like snake oil, but I have to say it is legit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    This version is much better. The old formula was just blah. Definitely a huge upgrade!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    I have M799 and hybrid detailer. I would avoid sun with both of them.

Yes M799 is a more concentrated version of the detailer. Mix M799 1:3 to roughly make the detailer.
    Interesting. I just used it on a jet black G550 this past Saturday in direct sun without issue. I spray 1-2 sprays in a low/medium knap towel and wipe it in. Initially there was some faint streaking but by the time I got around it, the streaks were gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Interesting. I just used it on a jet black G550 this past Saturday in direct sun without issue. I spray 1-2 sprays in a low/medium knap towel and wipe it in. Initially there was some faint streaking but by the time I got around it, the streaks were gone.
    I should have added YMMV.

For me, in sun, it wasn't a nightmare like some products but I too noticed some streaking. I've used it under cover with cool panels since and haven't had a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!

Now, I typically like to top Blackfire One Step with their Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant for a little extra shine and longevity, and I attempted to with this car as well. But that was an absolute NO GO in the sun. The product simply flashed too quickly in the heat for me to be able to buff it off cleanly. So I'm looking at Blackfire's line up of sealants and trying to figure out which would be best to follow it up with that would be quick and easy to use in the sun.

Does anyone have any input on the Synthetic Spray Sealant, and its performance? Or perhaps the Blackfire Instant Detailer with wet diamond polymers? My priority in this area is a quick sealant that goes on easily in hot sunny weather, and works well to repel dust. I've used spray carnaubas and sealants like Beadmaker and the like but they attract dust like no other in this dry climate, which is why I like the SiO2 sealant but it just won't work for me when detailing in the sun.

I would appreciate some input, and thanks for reading!

Great work! I got a brand new quart of One Step sitting on the shelf.

Meguiar's Fast Finish is supposed to be good against dust but I haven't used it personally. IIRC Mike's used Sonax PNS to top the horizontal panels after One Step? I'll be paying attention to the suggestions since I'm looking for a "drying aid" type LSP that will serve as the only form of protection after the sealant from One Step is long gone. If it has OK durability then great, but I'm really looking for something that levels easily on the paint I can haphazardly spray on as I dry as fast as I can with my PFMs to avoid water spots.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast