autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot’s 3 in 1 Ceramic Longevity & upkeep

After a durability test video that I saw gave 7+ months of strong performance, I bought some Griot’s 3 in 1 ceramic wax. I bought to put on my son’s Honda when he goes off to college in the fall. I think if it performs well I might toss it on my wife’s black Navigator too.

What is the longest folks have seen out of this product durability wise?

Also, what are folks using for maintenance and/or topper products? *I use rinseless (ONR) & waterless (OOC) on my cars currently.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot’s 3 in 1 Ceramic Longevity & upkeep

Haven't used the 3 in 1 yet but it will be going on my car next. I have been using their ceramic speed shine on my current sealant. I think that's a natural choice on top of the 3 in 1. I've gotten great beading from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    After a durability test video that I saw gave 7+ months of strong performance, I bought some Griot’s 3 in 1 ceramic wax. I bought to put on my son’s Honda when he goes off to college in the fall. I think if it performs well I might toss it on my wife’s black Navigator too.

What is the longest folks have seen out of this product durability wise?

Also, what are folks using for maintenance and/or topper products? *I use rinseless (ONR) & waterless (OOC) on my cars currently.
    I have gotten 5 months out of it with no toppers......it was pretty weak at that point, but still beading water

4. Thanks Texchappy, vettemn86 thanked for this post
    Likes Hermes1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s not what I wanted to hear @briarpatch.

I assume that onr won’t effect the product either positively or negatively?

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the 3 in 1 on my car since July, applied after a full correction.

During the time I've had it on there, I've used regular car wash or their Brilliant Finish Rinseless wash as to not mess with it as I was curious how it would be long term. I did top it once with the Foaming Poly Gloss.

After winter, you can tell that it's still there on the horizontal surfaces by it's water beading behavior even when the car is dirty. It's been great in regards to bird bomb protection - I left one (that landed in a spot that wouldn't bug me) to bake in the sun a few days to see how it would do and had no issues with etching. No troubles with water spots. You don't get the insane instagram water beads, but I'll trade those for the real world results I had.

The vertical surfaces you can tell are in need of decontamination - water behavior there is pretty flat. Not surprising after a Minnesota winter. This March when I washed the car I followed it with their new Ceramic Speed Shine - really made the car pop, but you can still tell it needs a decon. Before I do anything else, I'm planning on trying their Foaming Surface Prep to see if it brings behavior back, otherwise I was gonna try claying the sides using the Ceramic Speed Shine as lube. Should be interesting.

Best part of the 3 in 1 is how easy it is to use, so even if you used it as a drying aid every few months as a booster (or even just did another application on a dry car) you're not in it for much effort or money in product. Just my thought anyway.

Regarding the ONR, in my opinion the 3 in 1 will pick up the behaviors of ONR. I've never really bought into the concept of coating products "Shedding" whatever product you put on top of them, so in my opinion you'd have ONR's habits until it wore down, then you'd get a version of the 3 in 1. (I also don't really view the 3in1 as a coating).

I personally found ONR to be "stickier" for dirt when I'd use it for a rinseless wash, meaning that I found the car got dirtier faster when I was using ONR vs alternate rinseless products. Could just have been my experience though.

For what it's worth, I did Gyeon Cancoat on my wife's Q5 around the same time; while I may try to do a decon on hers as well, I'm probably going to switch hers to the 3 in 1 for sheer ease of use.

Hope this helps.

7. Thanks Texchappy, vettemn86 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great! I got this as a middle ground for my son’s car. He hasn’t shown any great impetus towards keeping it clean. Probably should bite the bullet and apply a coating but I don’t know if I trust my skills enough to correct it before hand.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Griots 3 in 1 as it is easy to use. A little product goes a long way. Too much product can cause some streaking. I usually get about 5 months of good protection out of an application. That is during the rough months of October through February here in New England. I just did another application in March.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

10. Likes Texchappy, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite is right. I'd suggest Carpro ECH20 vs ONR. I always found ONR somewhat sticky.

If you want durability, use a dedicated coating and not a spray and wipe product.

12. Thanks Texchappy thanked for this post
    Likes Texchappy, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I've had the 3 in 1 on my car since July, applied after a full correction.

During the time I've had it on there, I've used regular car wash or their Brilliant Finish Rinseless wash as to not mess with it as I was curious how it would be long term. I did top it once with the Foaming Poly Gloss.

After winter, you can tell that it's still there on the horizontal surfaces by it's water beading behavior even when the car is dirty. It's been great in regards to bird bomb protection - I left one (that landed in a spot that wouldn't bug me) to bake in the sun a few days to see how it would do and had no issues with etching. No troubles with water spots. You don't get the insane instagram water beads, but I'll trade those for the real world results I had.

The vertical surfaces you can tell are in need of decontamination - water behavior there is pretty flat. Not surprising after a Minnesota winter. This March when I washed the car I followed it with their new Ceramic Speed Shine - really made the car pop, but you can still tell it needs a decon. Before I do anything else, I'm planning on trying their Foaming Surface Prep to see if it brings behavior back, otherwise I was gonna try claying the sides using the Ceramic Speed Shine as lube. Should be interesting.

Best part of the 3 in 1 is how easy it is to use, so even if you used it as a drying aid every few months as a booster (or even just did another application on a dry car) you're not in it for much effort or money in product. Just my thought anyway.

Regarding the ONR, in my opinion the 3 in 1 will pick up the behaviors of ONR. I've never really bought into the concept of coating products "Shedding" whatever product you put on top of them, so in my opinion you'd have ONR's habits until it wore down, then you'd get a version of the 3 in 1. (I also don't really view the 3in1 as a coating).

I personally found ONR to be "stickier" for dirt when I'd use it for a rinseless wash, meaning that I found the car got dirtier faster when I was using ONR vs alternate rinseless products. Could just have been my experience though.

For what it's worth, I did Gyeon Cancoat on my wife's Q5 around the same time; while I may try to do a decon on hers as well, I'm probably going to switch hers to the 3 in 1 for sheer ease of use.

Hope this helps.
    Their foaming prep is designed to remove lsp’s. If using plan on topping up. Strong stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got 3 months before I wanted to top. Protection was at like 70-80% but gloss wasn’t their. You could probably get 5-6 months protections wise depending what weather you throw at it.

Use griots Brilliant shine rinseless to maintain and top with Ceramic Speedshine.

I personally would just add another coat every 3 months. A little goes a long way so even maintaining 3 cars you’ll probably get 2+ years out of a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks oneheadlite, Texchappy, vettemn86 thanked for this post
    Likes Texchappy, Celabe liked this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast