autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot’s 3 in 1 Ceramic Longevity & upkeep

Rode the bike about 170 miles on Sunday. There isn't a spec of dirt or dust anywhere on the paint. It feels like I just clayed & polished it. It's like glass. It did have Megs HCW on it before I gave it a couple of coats of 3:1.
    Not looking too shabby for 120,465miles ...

Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

2. Likes Bruno Soares, chilly, DAC17, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roomie drove home just after the rain stopped yesterday, pulled into the garage with a marginally wet car... I dried off the entire car with one MF & didn't need to wring it out once. It was barely damp. Will need to reapply 3 in 1 to lower door & the sill on the drivers side as I had to get the clay out to remove some chewing gum.
    She was full of praise about how her car looked when she came out of work after it had been rained on for about 4 or 5 hours.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Adding my two cents. I applied two coats back in May to a white car that's outside 24/7. It needed protection badly. I didnt clay, polish etc. I just washed it really good and used the 3 in1. I washed (admittedly irregularly) with some turtle wax car wash (no wax) and a few trips through a car wash (no brushes). I didn't use any toppers and I just today topped it off because of the winter setting in and I wanted some additional protection on it. It still beaded nicely, if not as tight of a bead as at the beginning. If I regularly get 6-7 months out of it from a work daily driver that's outside all the time, I'm thrilled.

I also enjoy the fact that the wheels were protected then too, and most of the brake dust comes off just the pressure washer.

5. Likes Bosko, MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to try and apply 3 in 1 using a foam applicator in circular motions or a rectangular coating applicator just to try. Anyone try it that way vs the usual mf towel?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be faster and easier simply apply it like you would any other spray wax. It's really not a coating and just a great spray wax.

I hit an area with a couple sprays of product and then rub it in with a MF towel. If the weather is warm enough you don't even have to buff it off. It's really a wipe-on walk away product. If you get it a little too heavy you might have to buff out some minor streaks, but it's really a simple product to use.

I put it on my new BRZ the other day. The garage was about 50-ish degrees and it took me maybe 15 minutes to do the whole car. Granted the car is tiny, but it is very fast to apply on any vehicle.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I was going to try and apply 3 in 1 using a foam applicator in circular motions or a rectangular coating applicator just to try. Anyone try it that way vs the usual mf towel?
    I think it would get you more even coverage but i think 2 coats with MF towel would get you same coverage, use same amount of product and be faster

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I think it would be faster and easier simply apply it like you would any other spray wax. It's really not a coating and just a great spray wax.

I hit an area with a couple sprays of product and then rub it in with a MF towel. If the weather is warm enough you don't even have to buff it off. It's really a wipe-on walk away product. If you get it a little too heavy you might have to buff out some minor streaks, but it's really a simple product to use.

I put it on my new BRZ the other day. The garage was about 50-ish degrees and it took me maybe 15 minutes to do the whole car. Granted the car is tiny, but it is very fast to apply on any vehicle.
    Yeah i think that is point of these types of products. Putting that kind of application time i’d leave to waxes which will net better visuals or coatings which will net better protection. One of the perks of these type of products is the quick and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678