autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot’s 3 in 1 Ceramic Longevity & upkeep

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Their foaming prep is designed to remove lsp’s. If using plan on topping up. Strong stuff.
    Yeah, wasn't going to be heartbroken if it killed it - using it with the mindset of: Worst case scenario I've got a clean slate for the next application. I don't have any micromarring that I'm worried about cleaning up before re-upping the protection.

Have you seen/heard of anyone mixing the Foaming Surface Wash and the Foaming Surface Prep to make a cleaner that's kind of a 'tweener? I'm neither chemist or tinkerer enough to try it myself, but I've often wondered if it could be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Might need to start a new thread, but speaking of onr and ooc, I am getting low on my current supply. I’ve been using these so long that I’m very comfortable with them. However, I could look into something else if they give me something better. Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Might need to start a new thread, but speaking of onr and ooc, I am getting low on my current supply. I’ve been using these so long that I’m very comfortable with them. However, I could look into something else if they give me something better. Suggestions?
    For a WW, I have had great results with Ultima WW. Cleans well and leaves a smooth surface.
    Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Yeah, wasn't going to be heartbroken if it killed it - using it with the mindset of: Worst case scenario I've got a clean slate for the next application. I don't have any micromarring that I'm worried about cleaning up before re-upping the protection.

Have you seen/heard of anyone mixing the Foaming Surface Wash and the Foaming Surface Prep to make a cleaner that's kind of a 'tweener? I'm neither chemist or tinkerer enough to try it myself, but I've often wondered if it could be done.

I think what makes surface prep work is it has a high ph (alkaline) which removes the LSP. Surface wash has a neutral ph which lower the ph. I don’t know how efficient the mix would be....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    For a WW, I have had great results with Ultima WW. Cleans well and leaves a smooth surface.
    Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate
    What does it give me that onr doesn’t? How is it superior?

I’m not opposed to switching but there has to be a reason to drop my old friend lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    What does it give me that onr doesn’t? How is it superior?

I’m not opposed to switching but there has to be a reason to drop my old friend lol.
    Oh, I did not say it was superior - though I have read some comments that it is. I am saying that I am more than satisfied with both the cleaning ability and the gloss it leaves behind. If you'd like, you can PM me and I can send you a sample.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I got 3 months before I wanted to top. Protection was at like 70-80% but gloss wasn’t their. You could probably get 5-6 months protections wise depending what weather you throw at it.

Use griots Brilliant shine rinseless to maintain and top with Ceramic Speedshine.

I personally would just add another coat every 3 months. A little goes a long way so even maintaining 3 cars you’ll probably get 2+ years out of a bottle.

Can you clear PMs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Can you clear PMs?
    Cleared

Post Thanks / Like

The 3 in 1 is very easy to use. Looks good on exterior plastic trim too. I found it to be easier to use than TW SNS. Griot's doesn't recommend putting something on top of the 3 in 1"

"Your top layer will determine the gloss, shine, and hydrophobic properties, so if you’re using a super hydrophobic protectant, like Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, it’s not particularly beneficial to put another coat of a different wax on top as you’ll sacrifice the hydrophobic properties.⁠"

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten Ceramic Speed Shine and BF Rinseless to add to my son’s College detailing goodie bag. I’m going to try the BF rinseless myself since I hear it’s a good ‘leave nothing behind’ rinseless.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast