autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Lone Star Tire Coating

I haven't seen anything mentioned here, yet does have some favorable reviews.

Has anyone ever used this tire coating?

Mike Phillips

Re: Lone Star Tire Coating

Never heard of it and also never used it.

3. Thanks bob m thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never used it but I have been reading about it. It looks similar to other tire coatings and of course they recommend using their particular cleaner with their particular coating. They also recommend using lacquer thinner after 2 rounds of their tire cleaner. The Lone Star coating appears to be a purple colored milky liquid. I have used the TufShine system and have been happy with it. The coating has lasted a year.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

5. Thanks bob m thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I have never used it but I have been reading about it. It looks similar to other tire coatings and of course they recommend using their particular cleaner with their particular coating. They also recommend using lacquer thinner after 2 rounds of their tire cleaner. The Lone Star coating appears to be a purple colored milky liquid. I have used the TufShine system and have been happy with it. The coating has lasted a year.
    Hmmn, I did not know that - never heard of a cleaner needed lacquer thinner. I have used TuffShine with their cleaner and in my case it lasted less than 3-4 months. Tires were new and off the car, I scrubbed them many, many times and applied 2 coats of TS. This time around, I availed myself of the AG 40% off sale and ordered the Pinnacle Black Label tire Coating. Hopefully, that will last longer - or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Hmmn, I did not know that - never heard of a cleaner needed lacquer thinner. I have used TuffShine with their cleaner and in my case it lasted less than 3-4 months. Tires were new and off the car, I scrubbed them many, many times and applied 2 coats of TS. This time around, I availed myself of the AG 40% off sale and ordered the Pinnacle Black Label tire Coating. Hopefully, that will last longer - or not.
    New tires don’t hold tire dressings and coatings as readily as there is still some outgassing occurring. There’s a good chance that PBL Tire Coating may last longer but that might be more due to the age of your tires than the product. It would be a good test to do 2 tires with each coating to truly compare them.

8. Likes Rsurfer, bob m liked this post