autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed Master Two Piece Interior Brush Set Review

This is a review of the Speed Master Two Piece Interior Brush Set. I was in the market for a new “softer” set of brushes since my original Swissvax brushes were showing some minor wear. I originally purchased my Swissvax brushes with the wood handle over 10 years ago and they have held up amazingly well with a ton of use. I always rinse my brushes thoroughly after each use which helps add to their longevity.

After researching some of the various other brands available I settled on Speed Master. One of the primary reasons in my decision was the price point and that the fact that the kit included two different brushes in different lengths.

The Speed Master Two Piece Interior Brush Kit includes a larger brush measuring approximately 9 inches and a second smaller brush measuring about 6 inches in length. Both brushes have a hard poly carbonate handle that is very ergonomic in the handand has a small hole at the top for hanging. The brush bristles are extremely soft, very well made, and well connected to the base. Even after extensive use with aggressive cleaners I have had no issue with the bristles falling out which can be common with cheaper alternatives.

I decided to use and dedicate the larger brush for exterior body parts and wheels use and designate the smaller 6 inch brush for delicate interior work. The small brush in perfect for dusting gauge clusters, center consoles, and navigation screens without fear of marring. The larger brush is great for cleaning delicate wheel faces as the bristles are extremely flexible and soft allowing you to work into smaller areas and corners. The larger brush is also perfect for detailing around emblems, grille areas, and body parts without fear of scratching. The soft bristles are also great with various APC’s and cleaners as it seems to help ”foam” up the cleaner. Even with repeated use the bristles have been holding up well even when using them with various strong wheel cleaners.

Even at the regular price of $14.99 for the set the brushes are priced extremely well compared with other brands. If purchased during a sale promotion they are a fantastic bargain for someone looking for a quality brush set for exterior or interior work.

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks oneheadlite, Jayfro thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Master Two Piece Interior Brush Set Review

I picked up the whole set during the last sale. Figured better to have them then not. Used one on the interior vents last weekend. Nice brush set.

Speed Master 5 Piece Brush Set
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, Pat!

I’m gonna try some base upon this review. One thing that nailed home is that you said they don’t shed. I have some brushes that are really nice looking but end up causing me more work picking up bristles.

Thank you!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    I picked up the whole set during the last sale. Figured better to have them then not. Used one on the interior vents last weekend. Nice brush set.

Speed Master 5 Piece Brush Set
    These are different than the one he posted. It’s a 2 piece set that look to be similar to the detail factory brushes.

The one that looks sililar in the pics to yours is the SwissWax brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. They are different indeed. Got into using more of the set this weekend. They are also a good set. The different sizes will cover just about any detail application.

The 2-piece reviewed above look's very nice too. SPEEDMASTER has been cranking out some nice products. Including their MF line.
    2018 Colorado ZR2