autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed Master Microfiber Towels Review

This a review of some of the new microfiber towels being offered by Speed Master. I took advantage of one of the recent sales and decided to pick up a few to try and review. With some of the recent sales discounts the pricing on the towels was very good.

The Speed Master Notorious D.R.Y. Towel

Description:

The Speed Master Notorious D.R.Y. Towel is one of the most absorbent microfiber towels out there, and is designed with an incredible 1,400 GSM. The towel will easily soak up any and all water that it comes into contact with. Plus, it's size alone, 20 x 32 inches, ensures that it has plenty of capacity to store all of that moisture as well.

The Speed Master Notorious D.R.Y. Towel is made with a dual pile, twisted microfiber, meaning it’s not only capable of handling any drying job, but it also won't cause any damage to your paint.

Comparison to Griots PFM Drying Towel

Cost: $29.99

Thoughts: The Speed Master Notorious D.R.Y towel is a large drying towel that comes in a 20 x 32 inches which for me is the perfect drying towel size. The twisted loop material is identical to the Griots PFM drying towel that holds a ton of water and can easily dry a large truck or SUV with a single drying towel. The one advantage I found over the PFM is the D.R.Y's size. In a lot of cases I would find the Griots PFM to be somewhat to big and difficult to manage when drying lower parts of a vehicle. I found myself having to hold the PFM a certain way to keep it from dragging on the ground. The D.R.Y is just a tad bit smaller than a PFM but if purchased on sale it is has a cheaper price point with the same drying performance.

Speed Master Microfiber Towels:

The Speed Master Premium Glass Towel

Description:

The Speed Master Premium Glass Towel uses a unique diamond-weave pattern to grab on to dirt and pull it away from the surface without streaking or smearing - regardless of which glass cleaner is used!

The Speed Master Premium Glass Towel’s fibers are kitted tightly, which means they are much less likely to separate due to repeat use. The reduced drag of its diamond-weave construction also generates less friction, which reduce the amount of wear that the Speed Master Premium Glass Towel see over many uses.

Cost: $8.99

Thoughts:
    The Speed Master Premium Glass towel was probably my least favorite towel out of the group. The towel is pretty expensive and comes in at almost $9.00. My "go to" glass cleaning towels are a small waffle weave towel or something similar to the Cobra Glass Towel. I find that waffle weave design cleans better, is easier to manage in small spaces, and doesn't grip or drag on the glass. I found the price of this towel to be somewhat high compared to the Cobra Glass Towel which is only $8.00 and performed better for me overall.

The Speed Master G-Force Compound & Polish Remover Towel

Description:

The Speed Master G-Force Compound & Polish Remover Towel is a quick and handy go-to towel for all your wax and polish removal needs. With its edgeless design, you can buff safe know that there is little to no chance of marring on your freshly detailed surfaces.

Speed Master G-Force Compound & Polish Remover Towel is woven specifically for the removal of polishes and waxes. It has a soft touch that is extra gentle on sensitive clear coat finishes. Made with a densely woven microfiber and having a 350gsm, the dense loops give the towel an uneven texture that is excellent at removing waxes and polishes.

Cost: $3.99

Thoughts: The Speed Master G-Force Compound and Polish Remover towel is a perfect all around towel for all purpose work, polish removal, wax removal, or the leveling of coatings. I find the 350 GSM weight is the perfect weight for these tasks. I prefer a lower GSM towel for polish/wax removal and the removal of coatings as I feel it makes removing product easier with better control. I found the towel to be identical to the Speed Master Sublime Edgeless Coating Remover Towel (#4). The only difference that I could ascertain between the two was the color. Performance for both was great.

The Speed Master Cloud 9 Microfiber Buffing Towel

Description:

The Speed Master Cloud 9 Microfiber Buffing Towel are a super soft, edgeless designed for many different detailing procedures. The Speed Master Cloud 9 Microfiber Buffing Towel is designed for buffing off compounds, polishes, waxes, sealants, quick detailers or even can be used for waterless washes.
    Coming in at 16 x 16 inches and weighing 500 GSM, the Speed Master Cloud 9 Microfiber Buffing Towel is super soft, but also the perfect size for any detailing job, allowing you to fold it in sections to get multiple swipes out of it. Plus, in a variety of colors, you can get enough to prevent cross contamination.

Cost: $5.99

Thoughts: The Speed Master Cloud 9 Buffing Towel was probably my favorite towel in the group. I found the size (16 x 16) and the weight (500 GSM) to be perfect for quick detailing, rinseless washing, or final buffing. The towel is super plush and came in a variety of great colors.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Master Microfiber Towels Review

I have one of their Notorious D.R.Y. towels in back stock. Got one during my spring stock up sale. Just looking at, it is impressive.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Master Microfiber Towels Review

I’ve got some of the 350gsm and they are solid for price but like 300 like them a little thinner and feel could get better for price.

The cloud 9’s are a win though. Super soft and would be good for waterless, rinseless and final buffs in my opinion.

They feel “fluffier” than the EE. Don’t know if that makes them better but would take a blanket made of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk