autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailer's Pride New Car and Just Detailed Car Scent Review

This is a review of the new Detailer's Pride New Car and Just Detailed Car Scents. A big thank you to PBMG for including these products for review in my last order.

I have been using the Detailer's Pride car scents since they were released many years ago. As you can see in the photo the size and labeling has changed over the with the new release. I believe the original offerings were French Vanilla (didn't care for it), Just Detailed, and New Leather. The scents are a quick way to add a nice aromatic scent to your car. As with most air fresheners the duration is about 1-2 days.

The Detailer's Price New Car Scent appears to be a new offering. The only other "new car scent" that I used in the past was Chemical Guys New Car Scent but I found that this could have a very heavy chemical smell if over used.

The scents are currently offered in several fragrances:

New Car Scent
    Just Detailed
    Autumn Apple
    Seriously Cirtrus

Cost: $5.99 for 1.4 ounces or 3/$16.99

Use/Application:

I have found that the best way to use any type or car fragrance and to get the most longevity out of it is to use it in conjunction with the car's air conditioning system. For the testing of these products, I sprayed two short bursts on each side of the floor wells of the driver and passenger side areas. I then placed the car's AC on recirculate and let the car run for 5 minutes with the doors closed. I found that this helps dissipate and distribute the scent and not make it over powering.

Thoughts/Observations:

The delivery system is much improved over the previous Detailer's Pride fragrances. I found in the past that the sprayer would get stuck and cause and excessive amount of product to get dispersed in the car. This new sprayer is much better and allows for a much improved spray and control of the amount of product used. I did note that the previous scents did come in a 5 ounce container while the newer version was only 1.4 ounces.

Between the two scents (New Car and Just Detailed) I found that I like the New Car slightly better. The scent was very fresh and not over powering. It has a similar aroma to the "new car smell" that we have all come to love. However, as most know that scent is almost nearly impossible to duplicate.

The scents lasted about 1-2 to days which met my expectations and were not over powering or offensive.

The Detailer's Pride car fragrances are the perfect solution for someone looking to "spruce up" the interior scent of their car prior to a date night, after a interior detail, or to hide an offensive odor from a spill etc.

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer's Pride New Car and Just Detailed Car Scent Review

Nice review. Thanks! I used the previous version of DP Just Detailed and liked it. I will definitely try the new version of that and New Car Scent
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the old version of "just detailed" smells different (and better) than the new version. Did you find this to also be the case?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Shine View Post
    I think that the old version of "just detailed" smells different (and better) than the new version. Did you find this to also be the case?
    They are slightly different, we tried to get them to be the exact same but it is off some. I really liked the old version too but this new one is warming up to me!