autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

DP Lightning shine tire spray.

DP Lightning shine tire spray.-thumbnail-2-jpg I'll try any detail product once. Broke out the can today. Like many, i do not use aerosols, because of the overspray! Product sprayed very evenly from the can. Really did not notice any overspray. Tried to do a lightest coat possible. I did not wipe after application. You can do this for a more satin look. This dressing is GLOSSY! 10-15 min it did indeed feel somewhat dry to the touch. Look is very even. Quick, you bet. My biggest pet peeve, SLING. Don't know yet. Off today, back to work tomorrow. If this product does not sling, DP has a winner. BTW used close to 1/2 can for 4- 31" tires.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Lightning shine tire spray.

If it does sling, try the DP tire gel...no sling!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Just got it to try. My go to is DURALOSS #253 with a flagged tipped brush. Perfect results every time and has never slung on me.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Follow up. Before i took off for work yesterday, i took a MF and wiped down each tire. This stuff is glazed donut bling. This morning EPIC FAIL. Sling shots all over the bed sides and fender flares. Had to spend part of the morning cleaning up this product. Did not want to wash the whole truck, so used WW to get it off the body. Had to get the hose out and got this garbage off my tires. 3D orange degreaser did remove it. Had to use bug & tar to remove it from the fender flares. SILICON based no doubt. Redressed the tires with my trusted Duragloss #253. Ever have a little voice tell you i better not use this product? I would have bet money after seeing this on the tires, it was going to sling like crazy. Hate to slam a product, but i believe in telling it like it is. This product would be for a garage queen that never moves, or maybe a touch up at a car show or before selling or trading in a vehicle. What a mess!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

6. Thanks waddell64 thanked for this post
    Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Follow up. Before i took off for work yesterday, i took a MF and wiped down each tire. This stuff is glazed donut bling. This morning EPIC FAIL. Sling shots all over the bed sides and fender flares. Had to spend part of the morning cleaning up this product. Did not want to wash the whole truck, so used WW to get it off the body. Had to get the hose out and got this garbage off my tires. 3D orange degreaser did remove it. Had to use bug & tar to remove it from the fender flares. SILICON based no doubt. Redressed the tires with my trusted Duragloss #253. Ever have a little voice tell you i better not use this product? I would have bet money after seeing this on the tires, it was going to sling like crazy. Hate to slam a product, but i believe in telling it like it is. This product would be for a garage queen that never moves, or maybe a touch up at a car show or before selling or trading in a vehicle. What a mess!
    Sounds like a pain in the posterior! The DP Tire Gel does not sling at all, I have two coats on it now and very happy with it.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline