autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Ceramic Coating test

Bless me father for I have sinned as a detailer ON PURPOSE.

I installed BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Coating, BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat Paint Coating on my wife's Buick Enclave last October after attending Mike Phillips' detailing boot camp and received it as part of the gift pack. It's had a few months, so I decided to test it. I like to torture test things to see what the claim to fame is. So today, I took my bride's Buick through the "swirlomatic" car wash at the gas station when I was done filling it up.

THE TEST - let's see if Blackfire Pro Ceramic holds up to the Mike Phillips "it's one of the hardest coatings I've worked with" statement holds up.

Pictured below is the event in question; in action and when I returned home and parked in the garage. The conditions were a balmy 9 degrees above zero, and --5 below with the wind chill. The carwash internal temp was chilled, so I figured the brushes would have some frozen water or other harsh scratchy things remaining. Furthermore, the blowers at the carwash left the exterior 98% dry due to the hydrophobic nature of the coating. Only a few random droplets remained from freezing in the sub-zero conditions/drying while exiting the wash. The preface is that I only applied one layer of the coating to my wife's Buick, and our daughter's Toyota Highlander because the amount of product in the bottle is that great. A real bang for the buck. She had just returned home from a 500+ mile road trip, and driven through all of the wonderful things that winter, and road claearing chemicals, have to offer in the frozen wastelands of North Dakota and Minnesota. The thing was beyond filthy (I apologize for no before pics) with snow, mud, road salt, etc. So when I took it through the "swirlomatic" as filthy as it was, I fully expected to see the coating throttled. However, to my surprise and delight, no scratches, swirls, etc. etc. to be found. Only a clean surface. I am impressed! I tried to find damage and could not. Well done Blackfire. Well done. This is a fabulous product that bridges the gap between enthusiast and professional. I would not be afraid to apply this to a customer's vehicle if a coating without a warranty were needed. Give it a try!

Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

2. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Pro Ceramic Coating test

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    Bless me father for I have sinned as a detailer ON PURPOSE.

I installed BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Coating, BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat Paint Coating on my wife's Buick Enclave last October after attending Mike Phillips' detailing boot camp and received it as part of the gift pack. It's had a few months, so I decided to test it. I like to torture test things to see what the claim to fame is. So today, I took my bride's Buick through the "swirlomatic" car wash at the gas station when I was done filling it up.

THE TEST - let's see if Blackfire Pro Ceramic holds up to the Mike Phillips "it's one of the hardest coatings I've worked with" statement holds up.

Pictured below is the event in question; in action and when I returned home and parked in the garage. The preface is that I only applied one layer of the coating to my wife's Buick, and our daughter's Toyota Highlander because the amount of product in the bottle is that great. A real bang for the buck. She had just returned home from a 500+ mile road trip, and driven through all of the wonderful things that winter, and road claearing chemicals, have to offer in the frozen wastelands of North Dakota and Minnesota. The thing was beyond filthy (I apologize for no before pics) with snow, mud, road salt, etc. So when I took it through the "swirlomatic" as filthy as it was, I fully expected to see the coating throttled. However, to my surprise and delight, no scratches, swirls, etc. etc. to be found. Only a clean surface. I am impressed! I tried to find damage and could not. Well done Blackfire. Well done. This is a fabulous product that bridges the gap between enthusiast and professional. I would not be afraid to apply this to a customer's vehicle if a coating without a warranty were needed. Give it a try.

Outstanding write up! No rainbow soap?

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

4. Likes Mike Hoekstra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Outstanding write up! No rainbow soap?

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Yes, there was, but I didn't take any pics of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool review... thanks for taking the risk on your vehicle to highlight a good, quality product.

Post Thanks / Like

not everybody has a heated area to wash their vehicles and it's my opinion that swirls and car wash scratches are easier to fix than rust so my vehicles see the swirl a matic once in awhile as well.
    I even occasionally run it through the touchless during the summer.

my wifes 200k+ miles GMC Sierra see's the car wash a lot ...my Equinox does not but it only has 71,000 miles on it

Thanks for the review on the coating as well.
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for giving the update on the coating. Glad to be here in Houston and not that type of BRUTAL winter, brrr.

10. Likes Mike Hoekstra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    Thanks for giving the update on the coating. Glad to be here in Houston and not that type of BRUTAL winter, brrr.
    LOL. It's still warm and above zero here. We have had a laughable winter. When it hits --20 below and a --60 below wind chill, then it's a brutal winter. I have only worn my insulated flannel all winter.