autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

The last coat black ice on white BMW

Hello guys , this is my first review , I ll give you a little background before it
    I live in Toronto , Canada , the car was driven in all seasons regularly up to 2018 , after that it has been driven very little during winters, it has also been parked outside half its life. The car is a 2011 white bmw purchased in 2013 was in pretty good shape overall , I got the car professionally ceramic coated ( opti coat) in 2014. After the coating applied , I just did car washes , some rough car washes at times , all the way till 2018 where I started to get more into detailing and better products were used
    This is the first time this car has seen a da polisher since it was ceramic coated in 2014. It was only maintained with reload , elixir and beadmaker

I was not sure what product to use to give this car its first polish , and its on winter rims now so I was not even sure if I should ve waited till the summer to do a proper job after I put the summer rims on

Anyhow, covid has me home most of the time ,so I decided to try something new, I decided on the last coat black ice after watching a few videos and I also did not find many reviews on it , actually there isnt one in this forum as far as I know.

I went ahead and purchased a small bottle of the last coat black ice for 35$ on sale, its supposed to last a year, I ll be happy if it last 6 months , I also bought a bottle of the last coat topper to maintain their ceramic coat, but I have not yet add a topper . I ll just do a quick review of the last coat black ice by itself and I ll keep you guys updated as time goes by .

As for prep work. I did not do a full correction , I purchased some uro pads which I did not even use yet , may use them in the summer time . I just did a light polish this time around . This was my prep work

1 - Iron X
    2 - car wash
    3 - Clay bar
    4 - ONR ( my car wash was a coin car wash , no water in the winter)
    5 - Griots DA polish , Car pro Gloss pad with essence
    6 - Car pro Eraser panel wipe
    7 - The last coat black ice application

Review

Application : Very easy to apply , no waiting times for the product to flash . I used a suede applicator to apply the product. It goes in nicely but it was a bit thicker when you are working it . Its very easy to level the product though , the towel does not get sticky , it just feels smooth . I did 2 coats of the product , an hour between coats.

Slickness : The product gets stickier if you apply it for longer, but after a wipe off the surface feels very very smooth , not as smooth as beadmaker, but close to that level . I was a bit surprised on how slick it was. My ceramic coating was never as slick , neither was reload.

Gloss : I m very please on the level of gloss , beadmaker is still glossier , but the black ice has a different type of gloss , its deeper , I m actually liking it quite a bit. I pulled the car outside today and I was very impressed with the looks. I was thinking of adding beadmaker but I m not too sure now. I will add the last coat 2 as a topper to see if there is improvement.

Durability: Unknown at the moment , I applied the last coat 2 in my cadillac 3 weeks ago and after 3 washes its still there , so I m hoping this lite ceramic can last me the whole winter.

Price : Its not a cheap product , but its also not an expensive product compare to car pro lite and tac systems moonlite. In terms of slickness and looks I think its worth it. But again durability needs to come into play at that price point. Will keep you guys updated on durability .

2. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Mike In Auburn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The last coat black ice on white BMW

pictures taken with cellphone and downsize to fit here.

The last coat black ice on white BMW-20210106_145706-jpg

The last coat black ice on white BMW-20210106_145720-1-jpg

The last coat black ice on white BMW-20210106_150102-jpg

The last coat black ice on white BMW-20210106_150113-jpg

The last coat black ice on white BMW-20210106_145626-jpg

4. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The last coat black ice on white BMW

some more images under a different lighting

Attachment 72133

Attachment 72134

Attachment 72135