autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro UK 3.0 and Gliss 1 Yr Review

So I know I'm a bit late to the party with these products but better late than never right? I don't post a very often on here, but was really happy with how well this combo worked and wanted to share that experience.

My wife picked up a VW Atlas in August of 2019 and I coated it with Carpro CQuartz UK 3.0 and Gliss. The car looked fantastic and still does for the most part some 15 months later. The maintenance washes were done with either Carpro Reset of McKee's Coating Prep Auto Wash. There were a few touchless drive through washes done during the winter months to blast some of the salt off but 90% of the washing was by hand. The vehicle is garaged at night 99% of the time.

I have used Cquartz UK on my truck and had issues with water spotting as many others have. With the Gliss on the Atlas I had none! Well that was until about September of this year. My guess is the Gliss has worn away but I couldn't be happier with how well it performed during those 12 months. I haven't had a chance to reapply yet but will as soon as I can.

I found the sheeting performance with the Gliss to be great, I mostly blow dry the vehicles and the water would fly off. The water still flies off as the UK is still performing as it should but I did notice some water spotting on the hood at the end of the summer.

If going the Cquartz UK route I would highly recommend topping with Gliss as the combo works great together, it performed much better than UK as a stand alone on my truck.

I know there is always the latest and greatest out there and a lot of us want to try it all but I let this combo ride on this rig and couldn't be happier.

CarPro Gliss - 30mL. Version 2

CarPro Cquartz UK Edition

Tim 2014 Ram 1500 2005 Triumph Tiger
    FLICKR Instagram

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas, dennis b, Caraman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro UK 3.0 and Gliss 1 Yr Review

Thanks for the review.

I find it interesting when I hear people talk about water spotting with CQuartz. I've got naked CQuartz UK v2.0 on one vehicle for 2+ years now and v3.0 on two other vehicles for 12~15 months and none have any water spotting at all. I wonder what variable causes such different results?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the review.

I find it interesting when I hear people talk about water spotting with CQuartz. I've got naked CQuartz UK v2.0 on one vehicle for 2+ years now and v3.0 on two other vehicles for 12~15 months and none have any water spotting at all. I wonder what variable causes such different results?
    I'm not sure but I will say the water spots did not start right away on my truck, it was probably around the year mark. They did remove fairly easy with Carpro Spotless. The water spots were large as if maybe they occurred when the truck was dirty and after a rain storm? Those were my observations at least. I will say my vehicle sees a lot more winter action so the amount of salt and road grime beating on my paint could have something to do with it possibly wearing away at a faster rate.
    Tim 2014 Ram 1500 2005 Triumph Tiger
    FLICKR Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Good review. I have the same combo on a couple of mine. I'll be using CarPro's latest SIC product here in a few days on a new car we just got and will be interested to see how it performs compared to UK and Gliss.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes yellosuzku liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear the combo worked for you.

I'm getting ready to apply CQuartz UK 3.0 on my new car in a few days.
    I know everyone says GLISS gives really good water sheeting ability + slickness.
    I'm debating if it is WORTH getting GLISS as a topper or not if it only lasts about 1 year and product expires after 1 year from manufacturing date...

My thinking is I plan on putting a separate synthetic spray wax on a regular basis as a sacrificial layer ?
    sample longevity review --> CarPro Gliss - Further Updated - YouTube

Anyone else every try the CQuartz + Gliss combo and chime in on their results ?

Post Thanks / Like

UK + Gliss is awesome, a spray wax would be a downgrade on the coating benefits. If you want more than a year, use UK + SiC, 1 layer of each. SiC is like Gliss that lasts longer.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the review.

The Water. More or less minerals in them. Etched spots usually from tap not rain water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk