autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Ceramic speedshine

Wanted to go for a drive today so headed down to Griots HQ. Got some Ceramic speedshine.

I loved original Speedshine but stop using when got to Ceramics. Cleaned well and left a nice pop like OH speed shine or Ech20. Don’t no if it cleans better than Ech20 but applies and removes easier.

3 day grime on a quarter panel.

It’s slick but i remember OGSS being super slick.

Final thoughts:

Glad to have Griots speed shine back in my arsenal. I only use Ech20 for light clean up or as a drying aid when i don’t feel like using Hydrate. CSS will be replacing for good once my gallon runs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Ceramic speedshine

Thank you for sharing your insight. How would you compare it to something like Meg's HCD, as far as cleaning ability, slickness, and overall ease of use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Thank you for sharing your insight. How would you compare it to something like Meg's HCD, as far as cleaning ability, slickness, and overall ease of use?
    I’d say close. megs is good stuff. I’d say cleaning and slickness (both slick but not alot) are a tie. Shine griots would edge out.

4. Thanks SNP209 thanked for this post
    Likes SNP209, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. So many new products have hit the market recently and it's nice to hear people's thoughts when they give them a try.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple other notes:

Smell: MCQD takes the cake i’m not a smell guy but that stuff smells great. The GCSS smells watermelon’ish? Cant place it but maybe the color makes me think watermelon.

Clay Lube: GCSS. Haven’t found a lube yet better than Speed Shine. Sames go for this new version.

More lubricious than MCQD. Felt the clay glided better. To be honest the megs probably work just fine but probably one of my least favorite clay lubes feel wise.

Wipe off: slight edge to MCQD but to be fair i didn’t use a fresh wipe off towel for the Griots. Probably close to same if i did.

Post Thanks / Like

Hold on a secondGriots Ceramic speedshine

I just found this thread and I'm pretty sure this product is NOT to be used as a cleaner but rather a topper ONCE you've cleaned the carGriots Ceramic speedshine Think about it, it has ceramic protection in it, something to be put on afterwardsGriots Ceramic speedshine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Used this for the first time yesterday. The label says not to breath in the fumes, maybe I read the label wrong. Definitely has a strong scent, benn trying to figure out what the scent is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hold on a secondGriots Ceramic speedshine

I just found this thread and I'm pretty sure this product is NOT to be used as a cleaner but rather a topper ONCE you've cleaned the carGriots Ceramic speedshine Think about it, it has ceramic protection in it, something to be put on afterwardsGriots Ceramic speedshine

From Griots:

“Ceramic Speed Shine is a super effective detail spray that can be used for light duty cleaning of dust, pollen, smudges and light road grime while leaving behind a super slick ceramic finish. The unique, lubricant based formula contains advanced silane polymer technology combined with SiO2 to create a fast flashing, easy to use protective detail spray. The formula is great for those quick touch ups between washes and also can be used as a lubricant with paint cleaning clay or one of Griot's Garage's synthetic clay options during paint decontamination. Also works great as a drying aid, simply mist Ceramic Speed Shine on your still wet vehicle as you dry for an intense visual pop and additional ceramic protection. Remember when you first fell in love with Speed Shine? Get ready to do it all over again with Ceramic Speed Shine!”

It’s a QD. Can be used for light cleanings. If i were to use a topper after cleaned car I’d just use the 3-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Lo

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I couldn't imagine using THIS product solely to clean a car after 3 days of driving because I wouldn't consider that "light cleaning". I'm pretty sure your mf towels would prove this outGriots Ceramic speedshine

For 3 days of driving I'd use Brillant Shine rinseless wash made up as a waterless wash, much better cleaning product AND cheaper too. When done I'd then use Ceramic Speed Shine to boost the looks/protection.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I guess I couldn't imagine using THIS product solely to clean a car after 3 days of driving because I wouldn't consider that "light cleaning". I'm pretty sure your mf towels would prove this outGriots Ceramic speedshine

For 3 days of driving I'd use Brillant Shine rinseless wash made up as a waterless wash, much better cleaning product AND cheaper too. When done I'd then use Ceramic Speed Shine to boost the looks/protection.

I’ve gotten great cleaning power out of regular Speedshine and now this. I’d bet this would be as good or better in cleaning power than BSRW. Definitely more lubricity. It can be used for a clay lube.... BSRW isn’t recommended.

I’ve cleaned 2-3 day old dirty cars with SS and now Ceramics SS. I’m speaking from my experiences not my opinions. Cleaned fine and no swirls.

Mike does waterless’s with somax glass cleaner. I’m sure most QD’s could waterless with proper technique.

What’s your dilution for waterless for BSRW?

I’ve seen were the’ve recommended as pre wash but when I asked them about waterless they told me the don’t have a dilution and recommended ther spray on car wash..... but it has nooba.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast