autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Griots Ceramic speedshine

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Mike does waterless’s PREP WASHES with SONAX glass cleaner. I’m sure most QD’s could waterless with proper technique.

Added two words to the above to make it accurate and avoid any confusion.

There's a HUGE difference between a Prep Wash and a Maintenance Wash

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I guess I couldn't imagine using THIS product solely to clean a car after 3 days of driving because I wouldn't consider that "light cleaning". I'm pretty sure your mf towels would prove this outGriots Ceramic speedshine
    This might be another area in the industry which is starting to blur lines between products and the labeling/naming isn't helping at all.

CarPro claims Elixr is a QD spray too, but after using it for a while I'm not sure I agree. It doesn't clean as well as a QD, it doesn't have the lubricity of a QD, and it certainly isn't as easy to apply as a QD. I'd call it a light topper. It isn't as durable as Gyeon's Cure but does offer more protection than traditional QD sprays or WWs.

If Griots simply took their Speed Shine product and added a little SiO2 it might still be a decent, traditional QD spray.

Personally, if I've been driving my car for three days and it needs to be washed, I'm grabbing the bucket and a hose (ok...maybe not this time of year...).
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Thanks Klasse Act, Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    This might be another area in the industry which is starting to blur lines between products and the labeling/naming isn't helping at all.

CarPro claims Elixr is a QD spray too, but after using it for a while I'm not sure I agree. It doesn't clean as well as a QD, it doesn't have the lubricity of a QD, and it certainly isn't as easy to apply as a QD. I'd call it a light topper. It isn't as durable as Gyeon's Cure but does offer more protection than traditional QD sprays or WWs.

If Griots simply took their Speed Shine product and added a little SiO2 it might still be a decent, traditional QD spray.

Personally, if I've been driving my car for three days and it needs to be washed, I'm grabbing the bucket and a hose (ok...maybe not this time of year...).
    Great points!

I'm just thinking that once a product is infused with ceramic it's for protection/gloss enhancer use and Brillant Shine rinseless wash was is just that, washGriots Ceramic speedshine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Ceramic speedshine

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Added two words to the above to make it accurate and avoid any confusion.

There's a HUGE difference between a Prep Wash and a Maintenance Wash

Didnt know it was only prep washes. Glad i havan’t tried for a maintenance wash yet. Yes, it is a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Yeah they advertise it as such “your favorite QD plus sio2.”

And to be clear I really don’t waterless anymore with anything but Frothe. If i’m not doing traditional washes (about half the time) i’m doing a rinseless or frothe as i feel their more lubricious. I just did that panel to test out.

Before i found those types of washes i would in between bucket washes use Speed shine to keep car clean. If i were to find myself at a cruise or car show after work i would not have a second thought of wiping down a 3+ day old layer of grime with speed shine. Did it for years.

Never tried elixer but when I did this I douse the panel. Were not talking about applying like a sealant 2-3 sprays. More like 10-12 per panel. Then use good waterless techniques to wipe down.

8. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they advertise it as such “your favorite QD plus sio2.”

And to be clear I really don’t waterless anymore with anything but Frothe. If i’m not doing traditional washes (about half the time) i’m doing a rinseless or frothe as i feel their more lubricious. I just did that panel to test out.

Before i found those types of washes i would in between bucket washes use Speed shine to keep car clean. If i were to find myself at a cruise or car show after work i would not have a second thought of wiping down a 3+ day old layer of grime with speed shine. Did it for years.

Never tried elixer but when I did this I douse the panel. Were not talking about applying like a sealant 2-3 sprays. More like 10-12 per panel. Then use good waterless techniques to wipe down.

So you feel WW (other than Frothe) isn't safe enoughGriots Ceramic speedshine

Post Thanks / Like

Great points!

I'm just thinking that once a product is infused with ceramic it's for protection/gloss enhancer use and Brillant Shine rinseless wash was is just that, washGriots Ceramic speedshine

There are many ceramic QDs out there which are meant for light cleaning and also lay down ‘ceramic’ protection. It’s up to each user to determine how clean they or dirty the car should be before using a QD and how much of the QD they should put down for lubrication.

11. Thanks Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Desertnate, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So you feel WW (other than Frothe) isn't safe enoughGriots Ceramic speedshine

No i feel Frothe is THE safest. Others may be great also and as i stated i got good results from SS. Just use what I feel is best Griots Ceramic speedshine YMMV.

Do you feel their is a better Waterless than Frothe?

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No i feel Frothe is THE safest. Others may be great also and as i stated i got good results from SS. Just use what I feel is best Griots Ceramic speedshine YMMV.

There's no doubt that its THEE safest due to that cushion of Foam, can't argue that one bit. The one issue I have with Frothe is the extra work involved in using it. The foam doesn't exactly absorb and I'm sure you know what I mean but for everyone else out there it kinda get pushed around and for the sake of control a thin, mf towel is needed for its use. I tried an Eagle edgeless and when combined with the foam you have no "steering feel", best analogy I can come up with it, atleast its car relatedGriots Ceramic speedshine

15. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    There are many ceramic QDs out there which are meant for light cleaning and also lay down ‘ceramic’ protection. It’s up to each user to determine how clean they or dirty the car should be before using a QD and how much of the QD they should put down for lubrication.
    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Yes completely agree. One is free to use a product as they see fit. I’m not right. Klasse is not right. We are both not wrong either.

Everyone here does something a little different not right not wrong but just THEIR way. Sure theirs always a better way but their are also so many variables.

Our environment are different making rain, roadfilm, dirt, contamination completely different and what I do may not work for him and vise versa.

I just like to engage in debates and judging by the way he stated his last post I can bet Klasse does as well. It’s all good. I respect his opinion as he’s been doing this for a while and shares his thoughts with us all and 98% of the time our opinions probably align.

Just his way may not be right for me in my environment and with his harsher weather my methods may not work for him.

But now back to topic at hand. CSS is my new fave QD. I personally love the stuff and will replace Ech20 and Megs CQD in my arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk li

17. Likes BudgetPlan1, goldendodo19 liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast