autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Klasse AIO/Sealent Still a Viable Polish?

I have been using Klasse for some years and discovered I am about out of AIO. Clearcoat on my Flex looks like a spiders nest from too many trips to the carwash. Is Klasse still a good option for a da polish job? I've been using it since 2013 and have been satisfied, but product development marches on so thought I'd see if there were recommendations for improved products.

Mike Phillips

Re: Is Klasse AIO/Sealent Still a Viable Polish?

The Klasse AIO is a NON-abrasive cleaner/sealant.

It will not remove paint this it will not remove below surface paint defects.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoreArms View Post
    I have been using Klasse for some years and discovered I am about out of AIO. Clearcoat on my Flex looks like a spiders nest from too many trips to the carwash. Is Klasse still a good option for a da polish job? I've been using it since 2013 and have been satisfied, but product development marches on so thought I'd see if there were recommendations for improved products.
    Was hoping not to get down to paint, but need to get rid of car wash swirls in the clearcoat. Do I need something different?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike was talking about clearcoat when he said "paint". The clear coat is simply another layer of paint applied to the vehicle. It just doesn't have any pigment.

Klasse AIO will not get rid of any swirls because it isn't abrasive. It's really just a chemical cleaner with some of the Klasse sealant mixed in. I know some people use it with a DA, but because it is so thin, I only applied it by hand.

To get rid of those swirls could be a pretty big job depending on the severity of the swirls. I would get a good compound and a polish and a handful of pads in a couple different levels of cut. After doing some test spots you might not need the compound and the most aggressive pads, but they are always good to have on hand. You could run into a spot with needs a higher level of cut and you'd be stuck if you don't already have them ready.

After you get it all worked out, stay away from those automated car washes. You don't want to un-do all of your hard work.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SoreArms View Post

Was hoping not to get down to paint, but need to get rid of car wash swirls in the clearcoat. Do I need something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Mike was talking about clearcoat when he said "paint".

The clear coat is simply another layer of paint applied to the vehicle. It just doesn't have any pigment.

Thank you for adding that and you're correct, clearcoat is simply clear paint.

And - the ONLY way to remove any type of below surface defect is to abrade the paint and level it and this means removing a little paint.

As long as you use quality products - in my opinion and experience, abrading the paint is nothing to worry about.

The fastest and easiest way to "polish" your car by machine and remove or at least improve the swirls AND also remove anything you've applied previously is to use a simple one-step AIO that uses great abrasive technology.

I'd recommend getting either 3D Speed or BLACKFIRE One Step, both are safe, both work great. The best deal for the BLACKFIRE One Step is to buy the quart size as you get the best dollar-per-ounce value.

6. Likes axel06 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Also - you posted this in a REVIEW forum group but it's not a review.

Your post is a question. It would be more suited to the Detailing 101 forum group here,

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...tailing-101-a/

Just an FYI

8. Likes axel06 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, good info. I started using Klass AIO with the sealant followup in 2013. Always stayed away from brush car washes. Klasse worked for me and was all I needed. Last year or so age and physical difficulties caused me to make friends with car washes. Didn't realize how bad swirls had gotten till recently. Drug out the polisher yesterday and started my typical routine. As you mention, Klasse is not very effective once the damage is done. Took me 5 hours to do what used to take me 2. Maybe I'll give 3D or Blackfire a try on the swirls, or maybe it's time to see a Pro. Getting old is not so fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Going on 15 years or so and the Klasse twins have always worked for me-cars/campers/motorcycle. In fact the detail of one of our Jeeps was just finished using aio/sealant glaze that has to be at least 8 yrs old, when Klasse states that there is no expiration date they mean it-perhaps like wine; the stuff seems to get better with age. The best part is that with three or so layers of sealant we can get near a year between details-garaged cars.

Didn't Klasse invent the synthetic stuff ?

Forgot: When I use AIO on our red BMW R1100 GS bike, non clear coat, the rag does show red-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usernamed View Post

Forgot: When I use AIO on our red BMW R1100 GS bike, non clear coat, the rag does show red-
    There are some chemical cleaners which are probably removing some of the oxidation on the single stage paint.

One reason I stopped using AIO was the fact it did some strange things to the plastic trim on a couple of the vehicles I owned at the time. Applying AIO left some etching/staining like marks on the plastic which couldn't be removed. Not sure what was going on, but there was something in the product which didn't play well with that plastic.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic aside what do you think of the Klasse products ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast