autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Care review

Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Care Kit, Wolfsteins Raggtopp Tonneau Cleaner, RaggTopp Tonneau Protectant, vinyl truck bed cover, pickup truck bed cover,

Got a tonneau cover for my truck a while back and wanted something to clean and protect it, so I picked up the Wolfsteins kit.

Description:

16 oz. Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Cleaner
    Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Cleaner is safe enough to use regularly to clean vinyl or fabric tonneau covers. Its low pH, bleach-free formula lifts dirt and oils off the cover with just light scrubbing with a soft brush. The anti-oxidant, biodegradable formula leaves no residue behind and it is non-toxic. Overspray will not affect paint, metal, plastic, rubber or wood finishes.

16 oz. Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Vinyl Protectant
    Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Vinyl Protectant is not a vinyl dressing. It contains no silicone or petroleum distillates; these are the ingredients that give many dressings their slickness. Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Vinyl Protectant is formulated to provide powerful but subtle protection. It doesn’t change the appearance of the vinyl. Quite the opposite actually; Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Vinyl Protectant keeps the vinyl looking like new by repelling dirt, grease, dust, and retarding the growth of mildew. Rain or shine, your truck’s tonneau cover will retain its factory new appearance.

Following the directions on the bottle, I first washed the entire truck and tonneau cover like I normally would, then while the cover was still wet I sprayed on the Wolfsteins cleaner and agitated with a soft brush. The cleaner sudded up nicely but the suds stayed white...I expected them too as the cover is not that old and wasn't stained. However, I do feel like the cleaner got it cleaner than using car wash soap alone.

Once the cover was clean and dried, I applied the Protectant using a mf towel. I sprayed the protectant on the cover and worked it in with the towel. There was really no residue to remove. It did have a darkening effect on the cover but didn't leave it greasy or overly shiny.

Fast forward to 12 days later for the first wash. Washed the truck and tonneau cover as I normally do, and to my surprise there was some decent hydrophobics on the cover. The cover also seemed to stay a little bit cleaner than it normally would vs the other protectant I was using (303)

Conclusion:

I liked this kit and highly recommend it to anyone with a tonneau cover. I was using 303 before this and I never did like the finish it left on the cover and it seemed to attract a lot of dust. I don't have any of those issues with the Wolfsteins product. I will continue to use it.

2. Thanks PA DETAILER, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfsteins Tonneau Cover Care review

THANK YOU for a great review on a outstanding product. I have been using it 2+ years. My tonneau cover still looks new.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. How often do you reapply the protectant? I believe the bottle says something like every 3 weeks? Probably go with like once a month for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I used in on all of my trucks tonneau covers. Fantastic product that is not overly greasy.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

That's about right. Once a month. I will give it a deep cleaning as needed with the cleaner.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed these products as well. Last time I used the protectant (my truck - 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 - sits outside 100% of the time), I "accidentally" got some on my bed rails, and noticed a nice darkening/cleaning effect after I wiped it up. So, I applied a little dose all over the bed rails - pretty impressed with the results. So, I wondered what would happen if I applied it to the running boards and the plastic on the rear bumper - same impact, although it did make them a little slick for a few days. Two weeks later and the running boards, bumpers and tonneau cover still look great.

Overall, these are some very good products and I will order them again for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waddell64 View Post
    I've enjoyed these products as well. Last time I used the protectant (my truck - 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 - sits outside 100% of the time), I "accidentally" got some on my bed rails, and noticed a nice darkening/cleaning effect after I wiped it up. So, I applied a little dose all over the bed rails - pretty impressed with the results. So, I wondered what would happen if I applied it to the running boards and the plastic on the rear bumper - same impact, although it did make them a little slick for a few days. Two weeks later and the running boards, bumpers and tonneau cover still look great.

Overall, these are some very good products and I will order them again for sure.
    It says on the bottle you can use it on all exterior trim and even on the dashboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Application came out very nice !

Looks like a very "consistent" finish too ... no streaking or blotchiness.

10. Thanks sixsix thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Application came out very nice !

Looks like a very "consistent" finish too ... no streaking or blotchiness.
    Very true. And never runs off on the paint! And it does indeed bead water.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Mike Phillips

Nice review and pictures.

Next time I have a vinyl tonneau cover I'll definitely give this 2-step approach a try.

Rick Goldstein - owner of Wolfsteins, is a great guy and he makes great products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast