autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Black Shine Aerosol Tire Coating...

I bought the Black Shine Tire Coating because of the word coating. I figured that meant that the product would dry to the touch. Wrong. It's nice and wet looking but it stays wet and needs to be wiped off with an applicator or towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Black Shine Aerosol Tire Coating...

I use Griots Black Satin......same issue.....it's not a true coating, IMO....somewhere between a tire coating and a tire dressing.

Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of weird. My first time with black shine on my car and it didn't dry. Maybe because it was because it was cold or the tires were old with previous dressings(even though I washed them with Griots tire cleaner). I really didn't like the look so I applied it to my truck and my dad's car. The weather was warmer and after sitting overnight it still looks wet but is pretty much dry to the touch, It didn't leave a sticky mess on either of those behicles.

I got a can of the Black Satin tire coating and will try that on my car. I think I'll like the look better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I use Griots Black Satin......same issue.....it's not a true coating, IMO....somewhere between a tire coating and a tire dressing.
    I used the same, but after spraying it on we left it sit and dry. Next morning the tire was dry to touch and did not require any wipe down.

Odd thing is I was looking for the satin but this dried down to a very gloss level of shine. I had to look at the can label twice to make sure it was 'Satin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    I used the same, but after spraying it on we left it sit and dry. Next morning the tire was dry to touch and did not require any wipe down.

Odd thing is I was looking for the satin but this dried down to a very gloss level of shine. I had to look at the can label twice to make sure it was 'Satin'.
    It 'sits down' after a day or two......wipe it down and you will get the satin look

Post Thanks / Like

After an afternoon in the sun it was a bit greasy feeling again. Not really impressed with the Black Shine. Hopefully the Black Satin spray works better.