autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Dr. Beasley NSP Z1

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post

TACsystem Total One Essential primer polish looks similar to that, Mike.

It doesn’t have fillers in it.
    We don't know that Z1 has fillers either. That's a really vague term especially with this single new category of product.

Names for this new category

1. Cleaner/Coating
    2. Primer
    3. Cleaner/Ceramic
    4. Cleaner/Ceramic Coating
    5. Ceramic AIO

I'm not even sure what to call this new category.

One thing for sure - if a product is leaving itself behind - that is - if the "Protection Component" is leaving itself behind on the surface -this is the act of filling.

Call it filling. Call it coating over. Call it layering onto the paint.

Whatever you want to call it - if the protection component is left on the surface this is the same "act" as a filler.

Make sense?

I do know what you're talking about as it relates to fillers but everyone needs to also understand the role of a surface sealer no matter what it's made out of.

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice results for sure. Any ideas on how long it will last on the paint? Also, how far does a tube of this go? This looks like a nice product for my camaro, as it’s not a DD so it doesn’t see harsh conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Nice results for sure. Any ideas on how long it will last on the paint? Also, how far does a tube of this go? This looks like a nice product for my camaro, as it’s not a DD so it doesn’t see harsh conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One tube is 8 oz. which should be enough to do a F-Body 6-7 times over.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    I should have explained my reasoning a bit instead of just firing it out there but here is my thoughts....

I absolutley do not doubt it has a good correcting ability.
    The reason I pointed my finger a bit at some type of filler capabilities is I have not done a full correction on this vehicle but have messed around with it a bit.

The main thing that made me jump to that conclusion is that this clear is pretty hard and the damage is a bit more severe than I was able to capture in the photo but was able to correct it to near perfection. I have in the past on the driver's side fender, (Dr. Beasley was on passenger) tested to see where I could get with Menzerna 400 and a white Buff & Shine pad using a 21mm da and did not come close to the results I got with Dr. Beasley. Which would jump this product ahead of many serious compounds out there and be able to finish as good or better than a lot of polishes.

The very thick consistency was another reason that led me to believe filling capabilities.

No matter which way you cut it, personally I am VERY impressed with this product and absolutley will be using this on a regular basis.
    Why not do a heavy IPA wipe down and find out if it has fillers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    One tube is 8 oz. which should be enough to do a F-Body 6-7 times over.
    Great estimate of product usage, thanks!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

After messing around with this product I still love it but need to give a update that applies to post #1 and use with a rotary....

After working with it more and after closer inspection I do not see this being a rotary option. It is just a bit to grabby and does leave behind holograms/trail's.

As far as da...I still love this product for a AIO. Just used it to do a 1979 Pontiac Firebird, Rootbeer barrel brown metallic. Turned out very nice and was a perfect option for that vehicle. Sorry, no picture's.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used Dr Beasley’s NSP Z1 after compounding and paint prep. It was on my daughter’s black Chevy Equinox. It didn’t dry out fast, but I found it hard to remove unless it was still a bit damp. If I let it dry with a lot of passes it would leave a smear that didn’t wipe off. If too much product was left on the car, removal was challenging. Any one else with these results? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

I used NSP Z1 on my wife’s gray 2020 Hyundai Tucson. Used the Flex 3401 with a white LC hybrid polishing pad. 6 section passes, light pressure, wipe off immediately after section passes. Used 3 nickel sized dollops on 5.5 inch pad. Wipe off was a breeze. Very nice product.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by sk8bug View Post

I just used Dr Beasley’s NSP Z1 after compounding and paint prep. It was on my daughter’s black Chevy Equinox.

It didn’t dry out fast, but I found it hard to remove unless it was still a bit damp.

If I let it dry with a lot of passes it would leave a smear that didn’t wipe off. If too much product was left on the car, removal was challenging.

Any one else with these results? Any suggestions?

I really like the Z1 and the concept behind it but I too have found it to be a tick sticky to wipe-off if you let it dry too long. The besting thing I've found is to simply wipe it off immediately after turing off the polisher.

The right towel will also make removal easier.

For this project, I topped the results with PBL Surface Coating. Any patches or smears of the Z1 that I didn't fully remove came off when I used the PBL Surface Coating. So in a way, I cheated and use the topper to clean-up the polishing results.

PBL Surface Coating over Dr. Beasley's Z1

Post Thanks / Like

I attended a detailing class here in Chicago sponsored by Dr. Beasley's. The focus of the class was using this product. I was impressed with this polish/coating. It was easy to work with and did a very good job of swirl removal and adding shine and gloss. Longevity and beading behavior will have to be a wait and see. I was also impressed with extensive product line they had.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast