autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes 15 III vs. Gear Driven DA’s

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    You better never let me go!
    Never!

You're as cute as a little button on a Sunday dress, Chris.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks WaxMaster1 thanked for this post
    Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
    I have been in the market to buy my first polisher for some time and threads like this are very helpful but also make the decision harder. I only do this as a hobby and likely will only need to correct a handful of cars so I was planning on picking up the new Griot's G15 as it's $240 retail and Black Friday is just around the corner. I've been looking at polishers long enough where I realize that Rupes doesn't really do sales and sits at almost twice the price of the G15.

I always end up still wanting a Rupes after reading up on threads like this, but I don't know if the price difference would really pay off. The machine could likely see months or possibly years of sitting on the shelf in between uses and I likely wouldn't buy another machine.

Hate to derail the main focus but would appreciate if I could get other's 2 cents in my situation.
    I bought an older g15 a couple years ago as my first polisher. With the black friday sale i ended up getting for near half price and the new ones are cheaper.

As a hobbyist i went through the same dilemma as i dont mind spending a hundred or 2 more if its perceived as the best and performed better.

Glad though, i saved my money and bought a mini polisher too. I feel as i got better value for my money and a great machine. I would absolutely recommend saving the money and buy the new g15 and the g8 for alot less. The g9 is also a great tool but the 15 for me was easier to use and faster. Use the g9 for curves and tight spots.

If i money not an issue i’d get the flex PXE over the g8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DMiglio, louielouie, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I bought an older g15 a couple years ago as my first polisher. With the black friday sale i ended up getting for near half price and the new ones are cheaper.

As a hobbyist i went through the same dilemma as i dont mind spending a hundred or 2 more if its perceived as the best and performed better.

Glad though, i saved my money and bought a mini polisher too. I feel as i got better value for my money and a great machine. I would absolutely recommend saving the money and buy the new g15 and the g8 for alot less. The g9 is also a great tool but the 15 for me was easier to use and faster. Use the g9 for curves and tight spots.

If i money not an issue i’d get the flex PXE over the g8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, if I can get the G15 on a BF sale, I'll likely pick one up over the G9. Thought about it for awhile, and with the new G15, the price difference isn't that much more than the G9. That being said, I'm looking at all this stuff and thinking about what to buy when the first polisher/backing plates/pads I bought haven't even arrived. My thinking was I could always throw the 3" backing plate I bought onto the GG6 which would effectively be my mini, then use a dedicated 5" whether it's the G9 or G15.

We'll see though. I don't plan on doing many cars - just a few personal and possibly family and friends. I just get really carried away with buying toys.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234