autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic —WASH—

Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic -WASH- (Experience)

I recently applied two layers the the TW hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating, and I must say- I am extremely impressed with it. The coating beads water like crazy- pretty much comparable/similar to the cQuartz ceramic coating I previously had.

In regards to the wash in order to maintain the spray coating- I am not very happy with. It is very very weak from my experience. By this I mean that it hardly creates a soapy water. I poured about 4oz in about 3 gallons of water and “attempted” to foam it up by shooting the hose into the water to get it sudsy.

It stayed sudsy/foamed for about 2 minutes, then turned to pure water with a slight murky hint to it.

The soap is not thick whatsoever- it is almost a pure liquid and very runny. By the time I was a little bit into washing my car, I felt like I was just wiping the panels with water as there was pretty much no soap appearing.

Does anyone else have the same experience? Is there another soap I should use like CarPro Reset in order to help maintain this spray coating? At $16 for 48oz I feel like I’d be done with this whole bottle in about 2 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic —WASH—

Quote Originally Posted by Dreichler View Post
    Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic -WASH- (Experience)

I recently applied two layers the the TW hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating, and I must say- I am extremely impressed with it. The coating beads water like crazy- pretty much comparable/similar to the cQuartz ceramic coating I previously had.

In regards to the wash in order to maintain the spray coating- I am not very happy with. It is very very weak from my experience. By this I mean that it hardly creates a soapy water. I poured about 4oz in about 3 gallons of water and “attempted” to foam it up by shooting the hose into the water to get it sudsy.

It stayed sudsy/foamed for about 2 minutes, then turned to pure water with a slight murky hint to it.

The soap is not thick whatsoever- it is almost a pure liquid and very runny. By the time I was a little bit into washing my car, I felt like I was just wiping the panels with water as there was pretty much no soap appearing.

Does anyone else have the same experience? Is there another soap I should use like CarPro Reset in order to help maintain this spray coating? At $16 for 48oz I feel like I’d be done with this whole bottle in about 2 months.
    I too had the same experience. I used the bottle in three washes. In a bucket and foam cannon. Very watery. Not worth the plastic that contains the liquid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you didn’t even use enough soap which is crazy. Doesn’t it ask for 2-3oz soap per gallon water? Then it should have been 6-8oz in your bucket... which again, is insane.

I don’t know why they made this so low concentration but IMO the car wash puts a damper on the otherwise impressive, value minded TW Hybrid solutions series.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, ceramic soaps as well as some of the other wash/wax soaps tend to be less sudsy in general. I think this has to do with the overall chemical make up of the product itself.

I did notice however, when used on a vehicle with no protection this product did provide at least something in the form of protection. Initial rinse with a hose left a sheet of water completely stuck to the panel. After washing with the Ceramic Wash&Wax the water didn’t so much bead but it did sheet off nicely.

I think there’s definitely a market for a soap like this, like you’re using to maintain the coating, but as a cleaning soap there’s better out there for sure. I’d look into Carpro Reset. Meguiars Hyper Wash or P&S Pearl. If you like a ton of suds the Pearl soap is on the lighter side though.

I like using the Ceramic Wash&Wax soap in a foam gun or cannon, but used at the end of the cleaning process. That is, I wash the car first, rinse, then foam with about 4oz added to my foamer, then rinsed off with a pressure washer or high pressure setting on my hose. Adds a little protection, rinses off clean and does the job it was made to do, boost the coating itself.

If interested, I have a sealed bottle of McKee’s37 SIO2 Auto Wash, PM your address and if you cover cost of shipping I’ll get it sent over to you! It’s a silica fortified car shampoo that foams better than the Turtle Wax option.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

5. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree TW HS Ceramic Wash leaves protection behind. Pretty decent. It’s just the dilution ratio is unnecessarily insane. Having to store the massive 48oz bottle for like 10 washes is odd.

Post Thanks / Like

For a cheap cleaning soap Meguiars NXT soap is good. I got some Mothers ceramic soap and it's thin and doesn't have hadrly any suds. That's ok. suds doesn't equal cleaning ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    I agree, ceramic soaps as well as some of the other wash/wax soaps tend to be less sudsy in general. I think this has to do with the overall chemical make up of the product itself.
    Yep, that seems to be the consensus. For example, reviews/comments on the highly-regarded Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Wash indicate that it is less less "sudsy" (word?).

9. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post