autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Detailer's Pride Need for Bead Product Review

This is a review of the new Detailer's Pride Need for Bead. I am a huge fan of drying aids and use them on just about every wash. My "go to" has been P and S Beadmaker that I use on my daily drivers that are coated with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions and Gtechniq CSL. I find that drying aids add the perfect amount of gloss and protection and makes the overall drying experience so much better. I am almost of out my gallon of Beadmaker and was excited to see a release of a DP's Need for Bead. I had the chance to use it today on the weekly wash of my Porsche Macan. As with must about every Detailer's Pride product I have used this product did not disappoint. DP's Need for Bead can be used over carnaubas, sealants, and ceramic coatings.

Product Description:

DP Need for Bead is the perfect tool for an extremely slick and hydrophobic surface. DP Need for Bead is safe to use on wet or dry vehicles and on a variety of surfaces. Easy-to-use, DP Need for Bead can even be used as topper on top of existing waxes, sealants, and coatings. Amazing water beading protection doesn't have to be expensive or difficult now that you can have DP Need for Bead in your detailing arsenal!

What you can expect:
    • SLICKNESS: Hydrophobicity awaits your surface with intense water beading action.
    • SAFE: Feel free to use on virtually all your exterior surfaces!
    • EASY: Just spray away and await the beading.

Cost: $9.99

Impressions:

1. Scent: The scent of DP Need for Bead is perfect. The product is blue in color and reminds me of the old blue Slurpees that I used to get at the 7-11. The scent is also not strong or over powering.
    2. Slickness: This is one area where DP Need for Bead excels in comparison to Beadmaker. The slickness is far superior to Beadmaker and the towel literally just glides over the surface. While drying areas that I did not spray DP Need for Bead were immediately more grabby. After I was done drying I decided to try DP Need for Bead as a QD to wipe down any missed areas and I loved how the towel glided over the surface with absolutely NO streaking. This was one of the downsides for me with Beadmaker where on occasion if would streak in high humidity. I wash early in the morning and the humidity was pretty high. I was very impressed with the lack of streaks and ease of use.
    3. Beading: The overall beading of DP Need for Bead is impressive. I would say it is on par with the beading produced by Beadmaker.

Conclusion:

DP Need for Bead is a fantastic product for someone looking for a drying aid, quick detailer, or a way to add quick protection after a wash. The product can be used over any type of LSP which is a huge added bonus. I would note that the price point is slightly higher when compared to Beadmaker. However the added bonus of increased slickness, lack of streaking, overall ease of use would certainly justify the price difference. There is certainly a trend with many product manufacturers now releasing these type of products that add instant protection very easily.

Pictures:

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks PA DETAILER, The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes swexlin, zmcnulty, DMiglio, PaulMys, Mdjas and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer's Pride Need for Bead Product Review

I'm on my third gallon of BeadMaker, and while I've not experienced it, others have said it attracts dust. Did you see this with this product, or is it too difficult to tell on a white car? As a quick detailer, I'd think it should have some cleaning ability, which BeadMaker does not have, or at least claim to. It's description does not lead you to believe it does.....your thoughts on that?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer's Pride Need for Bead Product Review

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I'm on my third gallon of BeadMaker, and while I've not experienced it, others have said it attracts dust. Did you see this with this product, or is it too difficult to tell on a white car? As a quick detailer, I'd think it should have some cleaning ability, which BeadMaker does not have, or at least claim to. It's description does not lead you to believe it does.....your thoughts on that?
    I never had any dust issues with BM. Granted it would be hard to tell on my white Macan but after 24 hrs I don't see any additional dust accumulation than normal products.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing