autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Detail Spray

Here is my review for the new WG PROFI Ceramic Detailer Spray, which was so kindly provided to me by the folks at AG. The product can be found on AG store at the link below:

Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Detail Spray

Description:
    Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Detail Spray is a ceramic detail spray capable of removing light surface contamination while also adding a layer of protection. Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Detail Spray is a non-streak formula and is in an easy-to-use form. Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Detail Spray works in tandem with Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Paint Coating and will extend the life your coating. Plus, Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Detail Spray boosts shine and gloss!

First Look:
    -16oz @$29.99
    -Cloudy grey, thin liquid spray
    -Smells like Fireball

First Use - Cleaning/Touch Up on black Q5 that wears sealant, so possible streaking? Cloudy day, temp about 80degF.
    The vehicle had some water spots from post wash, left on purpose.

After one wipe, still some streaks can be seen, but water spots gone.

A second wipe and the streaks were gone.

Here’s some more before/after a around the car, same process:

Ok, so these little water spots aren’t a huge deal. The next day there were some child prints on the car that the spray wiped off with the same process, but pictures below show after one swipe for effectiveness:

Second Use - as a gloss enhancer on the barely dusty X5M (has sat in the garage a few days after the last wash). The vehicle wears a ceramic wax which is probably more comparable even though the product is probably beat for a true coating.

I first tested it on areas of the hood versus other ceramic QDs. Temp was about 82degF. No direct sun on the paint but the paint was warm.

Without making this into an essay, here are my thoughts of WG PROFI Detailer Spray against the competition:
    WG is most similar to Megs HCD and PBL SiO2 Detailer Spray. That is, a think formula that probably leaves heavy protection for a detail spray. Yet still cleans well, but requires that extra wipe to remove streaking. PBL Diamond Coating Detailer is not like this, it has little protection but doesn’t streak. TW is inbetween IMO.
    Versus PBL SiO2 and Megs HCD, I think WG applies the thickest and actually feels like it’s going to streak a lot more than it is. Plenty of lubrication. But as you wipe the thick solution away, there is less streaking than expected. Megs on the other hand is thinner feeling and fully dries quicker, but leaves comparable streaking. As noted way above, the streaks go away with a simple dry swipe (or two).

I went around the rest of the car with only WG. I believe it did not alter the overall look so much as brighten things up, making it sparkle a bit more versus the smooth look of the ceramic wax. Either way, the car was bling-bling and ready for date night (to get takeout, darn COVID).

A couple beading shots from the next day, I don’t think it hampered the ceramic wax beading at all and probably made the beads a little smaller.

Overall thoughts:
    I like ceramic QDs for two reasons; spot clean up and final shine enhancement (typically as a drying aid, but dry after a wash will do also). When I have a ‘ceramic’ LSP on the car, I like to know that I’m using ceramic for touch ups. Whether it makes a difference, I don’t know. But it feels right.

As a ceramic QD, this did well for cleanup and for gloss enhancement. A little streaky due to what feels like high solids for a QD, but right in line with the competition. It’s thick formula feels well lubricated while wiping.

If I had to choose between this and my other favorite, Megs HCD, I may give Megs the overall nod because I personally like a thinner application feel from my QDs. However, if I had to guess which product results in higher ‘ceramic’ left on the paint, I would guess WG. Megs feels pretty polymer-loaded. They booth equally impressive I think.

I think WG PROFI Ceramic Detail Spray did well for using on top of sealant and ceramic wax, and I imagine it may perform even better on top of its true intended coatings, particularly WG

2. Thanks Desertnate, Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes WillSports3, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Detail Spray

I don't normally like BMWs (Just the head lights get to me for some reason) but I got some giddiness out of seeing the condition of your black paint.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have to try the WG Profi spray on my M4 which is metallic grey. BMW,s are a love hate relationship. My BMW is currently stuck in Park and won’t go into Neutral for towing. I put the car on blocks yesterday to get to the unlocking mechanism under the tranny but the BMW tech gave me wrong info on unlocking, waiting for his return call. Anyone want to buy a 2016 M4 with 17 k miles, ha����
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    I will have to try the WG Profi spray on my M4 which is metallic grey. BMW,s are a love hate relationship. My BMW is currently stuck in Park and won’t go into Neutral for towing. I put the car on blocks yesterday to get to the unlocking mechanism under the tranny but the BMW tech gave me wrong info on unlocking, waiting for his return call. Anyone want to buy a 2016 M4 with 17 k miles, ha����
    This scares me. Any warranty left? I assume not.

I’ll have a review coming on the PROFI Booster soon, once I get a chance to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming this Profi QD can be used over the Uber Ceramic coating and sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I'm assuming this Profi QD can be used over the Uber Ceramic coating and sealant.
    PROFI, of course. WG Ceramic Spray Coating and SiO2 Paint Sealant, I would imagine so. I don’t think the WG folks would be mean enough to make it incompatible with their other SiO2 hybrids/sealants. And given that I used it on a different company’s ceramic wax which includes carnauba in it, I would say it did just fine on that ceramic hybrid topper.

Similar idea as the Uber SiO2 Spray, it’s heavy although this should be much less likely to leave difficult streaking.

9. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post