autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Sonax Fallout Cleaner.....Review

Sonax Fallout Cleaner.....
    Removes aggressive iron containments and rust residue along with industrial dust from all paintwork and painted plastic surfaces. Gentle on material due to its ph-neutral formula.

A review of Sonax newest product. I will be testing this product on a 2000 VW Jetta, the customer comes to my shop every 2 to 3 months for regular maintained wash and interior restoration. So the review will primarily be focused on wheels and brake dust, as this car is really taken care of, even with 180,000 miles on the Odometer the car still looks fantastic for its age and mileage, so it was really hard to capture allot of contamination stuck to the paint with protection of Sonax Net Shield ( another great product)...although I did capture a few spots on the paint.

One thing that I did notice quickly after opening the package was the quality of the bottle, no flimsy trigger and nozzle has a great locking feature with options of spray or stream, high quality bottle with grip design on back of the bottle which allows for gripping, if you have ever dropped a product due to being wet or slippery, you will appreciate this feature.

Bottle comes in 500ml (16.9 Fl. Oz.)....Retails for $19.99

Directions are simple and straight forward for proper effectiveness .....
    Wash vehicle...spray undiluted product to areas to be treated, allow to sit or penetrate 3-5 minutes and do not apply to hot paint or in direct sunlight...you will start to see the product turning Red/Purple as it begins to breakdown residue, spray again wipe over with a sponge or your choice of wash media. Afterwards, rinse thoroughly with clean water.

Bottle unpackaged

Here is a pic of the grip that I pointed out....I love this feature ( I appreciate the small things)

Adjustable spray nozzle with locking feature for secure and safe spilling

The test begins !! Dirty tire and Hub Cover

another pic of before

Temperature here in Kentucky have been in the low teens, without turning heater on in garage the temp was 40 degrees ( which should be perfectly fine for testing)

Fallout Cleaner after 5 minutes, applied and turning purplish/red...certainly detecting brakedust....

After allowing it to fully take affect breaking down....I used a dedicated sponge for tires to gently spread the product including the tire itself.

As I mentioned earlier this car might not have been the perfect car for testing due to be well maintained, but here you seen the paint and Fallout Cleaner doing was it was designed to do.

After rinsing the product off, here is the results !!! CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN...

Some final pictures after tire was cleaned and dressed....

Summary of this product:
    Another great product from Sonax
    No offensive odor
    Lives up to its claim
    Effective and makes cleaning Rims or Hub Covers a breeze ( without having to scrub)
    Quality Bottle and Spray Nozzle ( I appreciate the small things...lol )
    Priced at a great Market Value
    Clings to Paint longer than other contamination products
    Acid and Solvent Free....Safe for ALL paintwork

This is another product from Sonax that should be in your detailing arsenal, either if you are a professional or weekend warrior Detailer !!!
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Sonax Fallout Cleaner.....Review

No offensive smell!! Your scaring me now. Does it actually smell less than FE?
    It's all in the details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    No offensive smell!! Your scaring me now. Does it actually smell less than FE?
    The smell did not bother me at all, and I was in a confined area ( Garage)
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a new product in the US?! I bought it here in Dubai from Sonax Dealer 9 months ago and I think it's been there for much longer than that..
    I have both Fallout Cleaner and Wheel Cleaner Full Effect and both smell really bad that I store them in the bathroom near the window and exhaust fan which is running most of the time..
    Maybe yours is a new formula! My bottle looks identical to the one in your photos (except the label, mine is written in German)..
    Aside from the smell, it worked well for you and that what matters.. But how good is it compared to other famous iron cleaners like IronX? Have you tried other products to compare?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherif View Post
    Is it a new product in the US?! I bought it here in Dubai from Sonax Dealer 9 months ago and I think it's been there for much longer than that..
    I have both Fallout Cleaner and Wheel Cleaner Full Effect and both smell really bad that I store them in the bathroom near the window and exhaust fan which is running most of the time..
    Maybe yours is a new formula! My bottle looks identical to the one in your photos (except the label, mine is written in German)..
    Aside from the smell, it worked well for you and that what matters.. But how good is it compared to other famous iron cleaners like IronX? Have you tried other products to compare?
    Yes its new here in the States.....as for the smell.....it didn't bother me at all....and Yes I have tried almost all the Cleaners that are on the Market, Including Iron X
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. If this one doesn't smell like an old lady getting a perm in an outhouse, then I may have to try it. Just curious, have you tried the Dub by Meguiars wheel cleaner as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Avatar...Go Big Blue !!
    Yes I have tried DUB..not a bad product for over the counter....but not half as effective as this product

QUOTE=jaimz11;1208823]Nice review. If this one doesn't smell like an old lady getting a perm in an outhouse, then I may have to try it. Just curious, have you tried the Dub by Meguiars wheel cleaner as well?[/QUOTE]
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell Jarvis View Post
    Yes its new here in the States.....as for the smell.....it didn't bother me at all....and Yes I have tried almost all the Cleaners that are on the Market, Including Iron X

Thanks! No need to order IronX and pay international shipping then 👍

Post Thanks / Like

Wow,is this strong enough like ironX? Anyone tried this to bodypaint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually designed for all paintwork. ...the test I did was on a vehicle that is regularly maintained...there is a picture of it on a panel...

UOTE=9nueve9;1208984]Wow,is this strong enough like ironX? Anyone tried this to bodypaint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast