autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Cobra Forrest Green Edgeless Polishing MF

These can be found here:

Forrest Green Edgeless Polishing Cloth

Mike Phillips was kind enough to send me some of these with the stipulation that I had to share my thoughts, good or bad!

These are one of Mike’s towel recommendations as posted in this thread:

Must Have Microfiber! At least my opinion

This is also my favorite towel style.

As for my thoughts:

-Very soft. Tried them on a black Toyota with super soft BLACK paint. Worked like a dream with absolutely no marring.

-Edgeless. I prefer Edgeless towels for my detailing needs. They allow for even pressure to be applied when folded in 4.

-16x16. This is my preferred size and gives you 8 working sides when folded.

-Not too “fluffy” For most task, while looking cool and feeling super soft, fluffy towels are not effective at most detailing tasks.

-Perfect weave. Soft yet enough meat to make removing even tough paste waxes easy.

-Priced right. A 12 pack is 19.99. Grab a bunch on sale.

-Easy to inspect. The shorter weave allowed easy inspection and easy removal of any debris.

-Workhorse towels. This style towel I use for: compound and polish removal, AIO removal, wax/sealant removal, interiors, door jambs, coating removal, panel wipes, waterless washes, Navigation screens. Also my favorite glass towels(try them for glass...trust me) And MANY other uses you may find

SUMMARY: These are a great towel. Safe on the most delicate paint yet priced right that you can use them as an all purpose towel.

Suggestion.
    Buy a bunch and a bunch of different colors. Then separate and wash by task to keep cross contamination to a minimum.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you, Mike, for sending me these to try out......(BTW, I am keeping them )

Jim
    Jim

2. Thanks oneheadlite, Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, John U, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Cobra Forrest Green Edgeless Polishing MF

They are awesome towels... I have the 12 pack of yellow, light blue, and an unopened bag of red! I use them for rinseless washes, normal wash, and a lot of other stuff too, can’t go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

4. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Mike Phillips was kind enough to send me some of these with the stipulation that I had to share my thoughts, good or bad!

Thanks for sharing Jim.

In full disclosure, these were not even new towels, they came from a load of laundry I had just finished. I was putting together around 6 packages of products to send out to various people.

While packing some products for Jim, I simply threw in I think 4 of the green towels I always use and recommend. Even though they have been used for months, maybe over a year, they are still soft and most important UNCONTAMINATED.

Just one of the reasons I like these simple towels is because they have a flat weave. Therefore it is much more difficult for them to become contaminated over time like fluffy towels.

So while packing Jim's package I simply threw in a few towels right out my own garage inventory that I would not hesitate to use on any car paint.

By the, around the garage here at Autogeek I call these,

Paint Care Towels

They are not for any other detailing aspect except procedures where the towels touch car paint.

I ask everyone that uses the garage to NOT use these towels for things like wiping off excess tire dressing, wiping down door jambs, or anything where the weave could become contaminated.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

They are awesome towels... I have the 12 pack of yellow, light blue, and an unopened bag of red! I use them for rinseless washes, normal wash, and a lot of other stuff too, can’t go wrong!
    Thanks for sharing Jay.

Like I shared in this recent article,

What does it cost to install a ceramic paint coating? Example #1

You need a lot of high quality, UNCONTAMINATED towels to install ceramic paint coatings and for any other paint related detailing work.

What I find is most enthusiast simply don't have enough towels to work carefully.

Note: I pick and use each and every word I type in public specifically and with purpose. --> carefully.

And here's what I always say,

It takes HOURS to detail a car.... it takes SECONDS to put scratches in the paint if the towels you are using are contaminated.

So do everything you can to reduce the potential and one of those things are to use flat weave towels and have a SYSTEM in place to control everything about the towels you use. From the time you take them out of wherever it is you store your towels, use them, place them somewhere until you wash them, then wash and dry them, then fold them and the store them again.

It's called the Microfiber Towel Cycle.

Thanks for chiming in Jay...

Post Thanks / Like

When friends visit the house and see my numerous labeled sealed storage containers for my MF towels they ask why. I just point to the finished product (CS,M4,F150 n IS 350) and they say Wow ! And they ask where do they get in line for a detail.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post

When friends visit the house and see my numerous labeled sealed storage containers for my MF towels they ask why. I just point to the finished product (CS,M4,F150 n IS 350) and they say Wow !
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post

And they ask where do they get in line for a detail.
    Do you ever detail for profit?

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree that you can not have enough MF’s/towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Diner, Dr Oldz, Rmd, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I totally agree that you can not have enough MF’s/towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m saving your pictures so when my wife starts in on me about the amount of towels I have (3 bins) I’m showing her this!!!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

12. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That picture is about 2 years old. I will try to take a picture today to update.

14. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

12 packs on sale now for 14.99 plus 20% off of that. A buck a towel. Doesn’t get any better than that.

Crazy good deal!
    Jim