autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review: DP Intense Iron Remover

A month ago (6/5/2020) I did a full correction of the X5 M. I was in the midst of finishing the end of a bottle of BF Iron Remover, which got around half the car covered. I opened DPs offering for the remainder of the vehicle.

Using the same chemical resistant sprayer that was used for BF, the DP version sprayed as good or maybe even slightly better than BF. BF has always felt a little thick and sticky to me. That has its pros and cons (hangs on longer but seems to require more product to be used).

Comparatively, the DP Intense Iron Remover goes on a little more thin and wet. I found it to be easy to apply from both the bottle and from my IK sprayer. I only used about 6oz to do half the car. With others it usually takes ~8oz for half (~16 oz total).

Performance-wise, it seemed to work just as well as the BF, as measured by the bleeding redness. It’s hard to photo on black, but the areas around the front wheel wells had some legitimate iron buildup, thanks to stock German breaks I suppose. My rear brakes I replaced with a brand that emits less brake dust, and consistently the rear had much less contamination.
    The rest of the car only had tiny drizzles of red show up, which is consistent with my 1 year iron decon experiences.

Overall, this DP Intense Iron Remover works as good as it’s competitor in this case. The cost is cheaper at normal price than almost any other iron removers I see out there, therefore I will likely make this my go-to. I was happy with BF, I’m happier with DP due to price, as well as my preference for having a thinner, more runny Iron Remover that still seems to achieves equivalent results.

2. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: DP Intense Iron Remover

That is a good bit of reaction from contamination from what I see laying on the pavement. Looks like it was working as it should to knock out the contamination.

Always a bit harder to tell when these products are working on dark paint but the pool on the ground speaks for its effectiveness.

Thanks for putting together and sharing with us.