autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant Review

I recently had got a chance to try out Wolfgang's new SiO2 Paint Sealant thanks to the good folks here at AG. My neighbor's 2017 Porsche Cayenne S is a fantastic canvas to show off this new sealant.

For years I’ve listened to people rave about an older product from this brand, Wolfgang’s Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I never tried it out because, well…I’m a bit cheap. I used other reputable, less costly sealants, but now it’s plainly obvious I’ve really missed out, because if the older product is as good as this new one, it too is amazing.

Applying the sealant is a breeze. Whether by hand or with the polisher, it spreads easily without any drama. Removal is where I was really blown away and I’m pretty certain I reflexively muttered something out loud. Other sealants I’ve applied required some effort to remove and buff out. This work is typically done by hand, so I psyched myself up for quite a bit of work to remove the excess sealant from this Cayenne.

Turns out, this sealant is the easiest product I’ve ever removed. It was nearly effortless. A light swipe of a soft microfiber towel was all it took to remove any excess residue. Buffing out the entire vehicle only took around 20 minutes, less than half what I expected. I did learn one lesson: the product information states the sealant should sit for 20 minutes before being removed. Due to high humidity, I found I had to extend that window to around 30 minutes. Not a big deal. Try to remove it too early and it’s a little sticky.

With the sealant buffing complete it was time to pull the Porsche out of my garage and into the sun. I’ll let the following pictures speak for themselves. Needless to say I was seriously impressed! The shine is amazing and it is really slick to the touch.

On a polished out vehicle, the results are stunning!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant Review

Lol, Nate.

I just tried WGDG original for the first time this past weekend. (Like you, it was a $$ thing) and I was already set in my ways with other products.

Wolfgang is the real deal, and that Si02 job looks GREAT on the Cayenne!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.