This is a review of the new Speed Master Swirl Finder Detail Light Pro. About two years ago I purchased the Scangrip Multimatch 2 light system including the rolling tripod and have been using it pretty regularly with great success. As I started doing more and more ceramic coatings as part of my detailing business I was looking for a second light to add so that I could have a dedicated light source both at the front and back of the vehicle while applying coatings in my shop. For the sake of this review I will be comparing Speed Master Swirl Finder Detail Light Pro and my current Multimatch 2. Scangrip has released an upgraded version to their light as well. The improvements in the technology surrounding detailing lights in general has come a long way since the days of the handheld rechargeable dual xenon light.

Scangrip Multimatch 2 Features and Specs:

The Scangrip Multimatch 2 has a 5-step dimmer function making it possible to adjust the light into five different levels. The Scangrip Multimatch 2 also has a user-friendly display showing both battery capacity and the remaining operating time.
The Scangrip Multimatch 2 has an integrated carrying handle and a flexible stand that can be used as a hanger and to position the lamp in the desired lighting angle.
The Scangrip Multimatch 2 stand is designed for direct mounting on the Scangrip Tripod Wheel Stand
The Scangrip Multimatch 2 features a 2 color light function, providing you with the option to choose between 2 different color temperatures depending on the type of job at hand:

• The WARM LIGHT (4500K) option is especially useful for bright surfaces
  • The COLD LIGHT (6500K) option is ideal for dark coloured surfaces

• LIGHT SOURCE: Ultra high CRI+ COB LED
  • ILLUMINANCE: 3500 lux@0.5m
  • LUMINOUS FLUX: 250-2500 lm
  • OPERATING TIME: 1-14h operating time
  • CHARGING TIME: 2h charging time
  • CABLE: 5m / 2x0.75mm˛ H05RN-F (VDE approved) / SCHUKO
  • OPERATING VOLTAGE: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz
  • BATTERY: 11.1V / 4400mAh (Li-ion)
  • INGRESS PROTECTION: IP67
  • IMPACT PROTECTION: IK07
  • NET WEIGHT: 1.85 kg
  • CRI: 96 CRI+
  • CCT: 4500/6500k
  • TEMPERATURE: -10 ̊C to +40 ̊C
  • DIMENSIONS: 235x83x233mm

Content in the box:
MULTIMATCH 2, cable, manual
Length/Width/Height: 24 x 9 x 24 cm
Cost: $299.00

Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light Pro Features and Specs:

The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light Pro features 2000 lumens and five-color lights with three levels of various brightness.

The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light Pro lumens are measured in kelvin and broken into 5 color levels of 2700K, 3500K, 4500K, 5500K and 6500K. The floodlight is super bright and has a 96+ CRI (color rendering index).

The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light Pro runtime can vary from two hours and twenty minutes, four and half hours, up to ten hours depending on the light setting. The light has an “ECO” mode that will switch on after using high power for 5 minutes.

The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light Pro has a large operating panel on the back to easily control the different light settings and see the amount of battery life you are working with. The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light Pro also has a 180-degree adjustable handle, allowing for easy motion to turn the light in multiple directions and can be used on a tripod.

The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light Pro also features a quick release charging adaptor for a 5M rubber power cord with a charging time of 3.5 hours for the Li-ion battery.

Cost: $299.00

Thoughts and Observations:

1. Both the Scangrip Multimatch lights and the Speed Master Swirl Finder Detail Light Pro are a must for any detailer who is doing any type of correction or coating install. I did find that the Speed Master Swirl Finder Detail Light Pro, due to its smaller size and lighter weight, was much easier to maneuver/control during one handed use. The smaller size is also nice as it can probably be used during interior work.
2. The color temperature range on Speed Master Swirl Finder Detail Light Pro is fantastic and is a step up from my Multimatch 2 and shows you how technology has advanced since my Multimatch was purchased. The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detail Light Pro light range goes from a lower yellow light to a very intense bright white light.
3. The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detail Light Pro has a hole on the rear handle and can be mounted on a tripod or stand. If you already have a Scangrip rolling stand or tripod it looks as if it will fit. The expandable rear handle is nice as it allows you to “prop” the light on the ground or use it as a handle during one handed use.
Overall I was very impressed with the Speed Master Swirl Finder Detail Light Pro and find it will be an added bonus to my detailing arsenal for various exterior and interior work. I understand that Scangrip has released a new Multimatch 3 which is the same price as the Speed Master Swirl Finder Light Pro and has similar light ranges and features for an identical price point.

Pictures:

Side by side comparison

Rear control panels

Light control settings on Swirl Finder Pro

I actually had an old Black and Decker carrying case laying around and the light and charging cord fit perfect inside.