autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner

Our favorite detailing guru, Mike P, sent me a bottle of Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner, just because he and AG are stand up people.

From the AG website:

Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner restores the showroom new look and feel of your vehicle’s interior in minutes. Simply spray Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Protectant onto a microfiber applicator pad and wipe the dash, vinyl seats, and door panels. Treated surfaces will be enhanced with a non-greasy, satin luster that reduces dangerous glare.

Don’t forget about your rubber door seals! A quick cleaning with Pinnacle once a month will keep them soft and pliable. Your doors will no longer freeze shut during the winter months!

Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Protectant contains natural conditioning oils that provide a fresh, clean fragrance. Treated surfaces will be protected against the damaging effects of UV rays. Apply as often as you'd like to keep your interior looking, feeling and smelling new.

As a token of appreciation, and because I like being able to read reviews and figure others do too, I tried this out and I want to share. The product is meant for many different types of vinyl and rubber, such as interior dash, rubber door seals, vinyl seats, etc.

However, as Mike P. showed recently, it can do well for tires too. Mike’s article is below:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...nyl+and+rubber

I also used this on the Q5 tires, which hadn’t been dressed in about 5 weeks (shame on me). It’s typically dressed with Mckees Gloss Tire Gel since winter. I prefer the tire coatings for their longevity and self-cleaning after rain storms, but I switched to Gloss Gel in the late winter due to not wanting to do a heavy cleaning session to remove salt and apply the coating again. I basically despise cleaning tires because it dirties whatever brush, applicator or rag you use. I like that Gloss Tire Gel does light cleaning (when applied with an MF applicator) along with protection. However, it is a greasy gel that does not self clean well, and can shed residue on things that touch the tire.

Enter Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner (VRCC as I’ll refer to it). It’s a lightly creamy liquid, similar to an interior protectant. It has the classic Pinnacle pina colada or sun tan lotion smell.
    I don’t have a nice machine brush like Mike, so I’m doing this manually with an old fashioned tire scrubber.

I like that it is a cleaner (so less regular washing of the tires) and I like that it supposedly applies non-greasy with a low satin sheen.

The Q5 tires are pretty bare of old dressing, although I’m sure there is still gunk in the pores. The tires aren’t filthy but they haven’t been cleaned in 5 weeks. There’s a bland film and light dirt speckles on them but no mud or anything. Here’s the rear drivers side before:

Using the scrubber brush, I sprayed the bristles with a few squirts and worked the VRCC into the tire. I doubt this is the best type of brush to do the job, but the VRCC applied/spread better than I thought it would with such a robust brush.

Here’s the same tire after initial application, still kind of wet.

To get the inner rubber near the rims, I used a MF applicator with light scrubbing to remove the dirt.

Here’s the tire after completion and given a few minutes to dry:

I proceeded to do two more in the same way, the second picture is the front passenger side with no sun shining on it:

Finally, I did the final, rear passenger tire with Gloss Tire Gel for comparisons sake. It’s a little greasier and has a blacker, shinier look to it.

My wife was outside as I did this. Her take of VRCC: It has a very new tire, matte look. She likes it a lot as she does not like oil based, shiny tire dressings. She preferred the VRCC to the Tire Gel due to the low key, matte look (even though I don’t consider 1 application of Gloss Tire Gel to be overly shiny).

My final thoughts:
    I also like it, for the two reasons I hoped I would:
    1) It has good cleaning ability and made the tire look clean without me having to wash it. That’s a huge plus for me and my L5 & S1 vertebrae.
    2) It dries completely... dry. Touch it 5 minutes after application and there’s no greasy residue like most dressings. I compare the feel and look to be more similar to a tire coating than a dressing.

I probably would have used 0.5oz for 4 tires, if I had to guess. Maybe this would be reduced with a better brush or machine application.

Given that I will be using this on my rubber door seals next, I think it’s a nice, versatile product that I will consider purchasing over a tire dressing or gel, unless I stick totally with tire coatings in the future.

For now, I’ll enjoy the gifted bottle and the Q5 will wear this instead of the Gel, because a happy wife makes for a happy life.

2. Thanks SNP209, hoyt66, Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner

I've been using the Pinnacle BL Tire Gel myself. Your results looks great!
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

4. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82 - Thanks for taking the time to do the write up!

Results look great. I love your wife's comment "She likes it a lot as she does not like oil based, shiny tire dressings." (I'm being careful to not say I love your wife. ) - awesome she's into it too.

Looking forward to hearing how it holds up compared to other tire products you've used if you have time to check in!

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    acuRAS82 - Thanks for taking the time to do the write up!

Results look great. I love your wife's comment "She likes it a lot as she does not like oil based, shiny tire dressings." (I'm being careful to not say I love your wife. ) - awesome she's into it too.

Looking forward to hearing how it holds up compared to other tire products you've used if you have time to check in!
    Lol, you are fine to love my wife’s detail sentiments. I’m pretty proud of her myself. She naturally has good taste in clothes, decor, etc. and I’m glad that it seems to spill over into car stuff.

Brief funny story from a few days ago: I hurt my lower back, so she said she would help me wash all the lower panels. I taught her all the basic 2 bucket wash stuff that we all know, including to rinse often (and I always rinse with hose spray before rinsing in bucket 2). At the end she had a sad look on her face and I asked what was up. She said “This was actually pretty fun... but I feel like we wasted a LOT of soap from the wash mitts.” I thought that was funny and explained how dragging dirt across paint and causing scratches is the worst outcome. She sort of understood, but I think it’s hard for “normal” people to grasp the extent to which our obsession is centered around keeping dirt from marring. Next time she will witness the 1 bucket method and understand why I do so many laundry loads.

Anyways, I’ll definitely keep everyone posted on how the tire protection holds up.

8. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review and write up. The comparison was a great touch!

Thank you for sharing and taking time to do this!!
    Jim

10. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Acura. Well done. Next up, wheel well detail.

Thanks for putting together and sharing with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Nice review Acura. Well done. Next up, wheel well detail.

Thanks for putting together and sharing with us.
    I was waiting for someone to post that since the moment I took the first picture. I’ll be correcting the paint soon and should hopefully get to all the “unheralded” areas at that time.

Actually I’m already bothered since you spoke up, even knowing someone would. I’ll probably clean them tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I was waiting for someone to post that since the moment I took the first picture. I’ll be correcting the paint soon and should hopefully get to all the “unheralded” areas at that time.

Actually I’m already bothered since you spoke up, even knowing someone would. I’ll probably clean them tonight.
    Hahaha. Thats funny. All in good fun.

Please document and share the transformation of the Audi.

14. Thanks ernajlb thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Try the mckee’s coating over it?!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Try the mckee’s coating over it?!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I might. In theory it shouldn’t work, but why not try a tire and see what happens, right?

17. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast