autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR75E vs GG G8 3" Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Actually the HF because it's cheap and I don't care about it. Plus, it's rather effective. That is the special Griot's Garage 3" backing plate on it. 2nd most would be the Rupes and lastly, the FLEX. Next plan is to buy some 2" pads for the G8
    I was looking at that special GG backing plate as well, thinking it also may help the pc7424xp vibration with 3" pads.

2. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Actually the HF because it's cheap and I don't care about it. Plus, it's rather effective. That is the special Griot's Garage 3" backing plate on it. 2nd most would be the Rupes and lastly, the FLEX. Next plan is to buy some 2" pads for the G8
    Can you elaborate why the Flex is last?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Can you elaborate why the Flex is last?
    No real reason. Excellent tool. Slightly awkward switch position.
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey WaxMaster,

Have you noticed a difference in noise levels between any of those machines? The noise on my Rupes is pretty harsh. Even through my noise canceling earbuds I can hear it. Curious if there's anything a little quieter.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost what is your budget? Are you a weekend warrior/enthusiast? Do you do detailing for a business? For the money, I would take the Griot's polisher all day long over the Rupes or Flex. I am a tool snob admittedly and I personally own the FLEX XFE 7-12 3" Mini Polisher It's at the same price point as the Rupes. Both the Griots and Flex have a more powerful motor than the Rupes so that will help when it comes to keeping the unit from stalling. The Griots has an 8mm orbit as opposed to the 12mm orbit of the Rupes.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

7. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only used the G8 so I can't make any comparisons, but I have to say the G8 has performed well in every instance I've used it. Combine it with the G3 rotary and you're set, with both polishers combined costing less than one of the Rupes or Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely agree with 2black1s and Spikey. I have the original GG mini, Rupes LHR75E, and GG G8 as well as other smaller polishing tools.

In my opinion... Rupes LHR75E is a great compliment to the big foot 15 and the 21. It is great for those curvy areas where the 15 or the 21 might stalled out. The GG mini has its place but it is underpower in my mind but it is a great machine for sanding and interiors with the brush attachments. GG G8 has the power and with the 8 mm throw.... its great for edgework and narrow panels. The price of the G8 offers a terrific value and this simply cannot be ignore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autobahnd View Post
    Hey WaxMaster,

Have you noticed a difference in noise levels between any of those machines? The noise on my Rupes is pretty harsh. Even through my noise canceling earbuds I can hear it. Curious if there's anything a little quieter.

Thank you
    I worked on a KIA Soul today. I used my 2nd gen GG6 and my Harbor Freight with the Griot 3" backing plate. Extremely smooth and not too loud. I never really lined them up or used my SPL meter. Would be an interesting test.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m interested in hearing current opinions on the GG G8 vs the Rupes LHR75 or HLR75.
    I’m not concerned with wired vs wireless or noise. I’d just like to buy the best quality tool for the price.

I did have a small weekend detailing business in the past, and I may do this again in the future. Right now though, it would just be for personal vehicles.

I currently have a flex 3401 and a rupes Ibrid nano. I know the rupes mini is a great tool, but it’s expensive..

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes LHR75E vs GG G8 3" Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by chris12 View Post
    I’m interested in hearing current opinions on the GG G8 vs the Rupes LHR75 or HLR75.
    I’m not concerned with wired vs wireless or noise. I’d just like to buy the best quality tool for the price.

I did have a small weekend detailing business in the past, and I may do this again in the future. Right now though, it would just be for personal vehicles.

I currently have a flex 3401 and a rupes Ibrid nano. I know the rupes mini is a great tool, but it’s expensive..
    I have a HLR75 and have tested a g8. The HLR seems far superior in feel build…. The way it sounds.

Will also outperform due to its 12mm throw to its 8. I could stall out the g8 pretty easy.

A fairer comparison I tried was the g13. 13 mm throw…. Good machine. I had decided to go Rupes… never owned one. Procrastinated and found an HLR for $300 on Black Friday… figured for $70 more to get non chorded was worth it.

On a budget I would still not buy the 8 but would not hesitate to buy the g13.

That being said I love the how the HLR feels in my hands from minimal test usage I had and if it’s in the budget that’s the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12