autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

TW Hybrid Solutions LOVES the heat!

Yesterday was the 2nd time I used the HS Ceramic Polish & Wax. The 1st time I used it, it was ~ 50* - 60* and I had some difficulty removing it. Well it's been roughly a month since I got the Camaro back from the body shop and the finish was all swirled up, so it definitely needed some TLC.

It was 88* and mostly sunny, but I soldiered ahead and gave the car a good polishing with the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax using a maroon Meguiar's cutting pad on my PC (believe it or not, the cutting pad not only cuts well, but leaves a great final finish - at least with the HS Products).

It was so hot, that at times I could see steam rising from the areas I was polishing, but in spite of that, the product was workable as long as I cared to work it. I had divided the hood and roof into 4 sections and the doors, fenders and quarters into 2 sections to keep my working area small (about 4 passes per section). Removal was EASY! With only a few area having some VERY minor smearing/cloudiness. A 2nd buff with a clean MF eliminated those quickly.

For a 7+ year old car with 120K on it, it looks amazing, not perfect, there are some water spots, bird etchings and deeper scratches that didn't come out, but again, this is a 7 year old car with 120,000 miles that is daily driven.

Would I recommend this product? ABSOLUTELY!! Like I mentioned, I've polished my car twice with it now and I've probably used no more than 2 to at the MOST 3 ounces of product. This bottle is going to last me a LONG time.

No current pics YET, I'm waiting until I apply the HS Ceramic Spray Wax. Admittedly, I'm not going to wait the full 24 hours, more like 16 - but I wanted to wait until it was done before showing off the results.

Here is a pic from the 1st time I used the product and believe it or not, it actually looks BETTER with just the polish applied than it did with both products applied the first time.

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TW Hybrid Solutions LOVES the heat!

Finished:

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good products. Good results. I have been maintaining with the wet wax. Could not be happier.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Nice results!

Im curious if you we’re to wipe your camera lens, would the pictures come out less hazy? Sorry if I’m totally off. My camera phone had similar haze to the pictures until I wiped it down gently with a suede or MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Nice results!

Im curious if you we’re to wipe your camera lens, would the pictures come out less hazy? Sorry if I’m totally off. My camera phone had similar haze to the pictures until I wiped it down gently with a suede or MF towel.

Could very well be, my phone lost the glass cover on the camera and it is possible the lens is smeary. I'll try taking a few more pics when it cools down a bit outside ... Turtle Wax may love high heat, but I don't
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

7. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More pics. Ignore the dust on the car in the 2nd pic, it has been sitting in the garage all day.

To acuRAS82, I wiped the camera lens down just for you LOL, did it make a difference?

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post