autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Products from a Hobbyist and Enthusiast Perspective

Let me start by saying I have nothing but respect for the masterful craftsmanship and even artistry displayed by the professionals that frequent this site. I enjoy seeing and appreciating the photos and videos of your work posted here, in the same way that I have respect for anything done extremely well.

Its great that Autogeek has made available training videos and reviews by Mike Phillips. I appreciate Mike’s passion, knowledge, experience, integrity, and pragmatism. His contribution, whether to the professional or hobbyist, is significant and has high value to both the community, and to the vendors, as he is able to demonstrate proper product use in a simple, honest, and forthright manner. Truly a valuable asset.

Having said that, I’m just some guy, an average guy trying to take care of my cars within my time and budget available. As an auto enthusiast over the years, I began to detail my own cars as a hobby. My first experience with premium products was when Zaino was introduced, and the cross-compatibility of these products greatly simplified the process. Over the years I began to migrate toward professional level products as forums like Autogeek brought exposure to the detailing community and its collective knowledge base, and also made professional level products more readily available.

I have experimented with various product lines including Zymol, Menzerna, Collinite, Ultima, Duragloss, Mother’s, Meguiars, Carpro, Pinnacle, Optimum, and McKee’s. I still enjoy products from these various lines for specific needs. The advent of SiO2 or ceramic products I hoped would increase the life span of each detail, and I saw some improvement, but nothing drastic. To be fair to the products, I am not a professional, and lacking that knowledge and experience may not have used them optimally.

As time went on, I found myself with a family, more vehicles to maintain, and exponentially less time to do so.

So given my current life and time demands, I determined this protocol as a ideal goal for my vehicles and lifestyle:

• Major detail and paint correction for each vehicle about once every 12-18 months.
    • Find a product if possible to revitalize the finish to be used as the surface effects begin to diminish in between major details.
    • Find a product that would assist with drying the vehicle and elimination of water spots.
    • Ideally, these products would be within the same product line, be cross-compatible with each other, and be suitable for a majority of the exterior surfaces.

Last fall, I started seeing the various videos on Turtle Wax Seal and Shine, and at such a low cost I had to try it. I found it to be durable, and extremely easy to use. Then Turtle Wax introduced the further evolution of that technology in the Hybrid Solutions product line. I am finding that these products are really ideal for the goal I had established.

My initial experience with the Hybrid Ceramic products has been great.

• Polish and Wax is very easy to use, provides very good correction for swirls and minor imperfections, and is amazing for what it does in a fairly short time working the product, and using a very minimal amount.
    • Spray Coating is simple to use. If you can use Windex, you can use this product. I have had minimal issues with streaking unless using too much product, or if the microfiber isn’t turned often enough. With both this and the Polish and Wax, if I get any streaking or high spots, it’s easy to deal with using a fresh microfiber, a damp cloth, and/or a bit of detailer.
    • 3-in-1 Detailer has been great to use for bugs, bird poop, or smudges in between washes. It’s even easier to use than the Spray Coating, and does a good job of penetrating surface contaminants. Spray on, wipe off.
    • Ceramic Wet Wax. The water is where I live is fairly hard, so I often need to use a drying aid or detailer after the wash and final rinse to deal with water spotting. The Wet Wax is great for this with the added benefit of adding more protection and refreshing the finish. The best part is it doesn’t take any longer to apply the product that it does to dry the car.

Across the board with these products, less is more. A little bit goes a long way. This further adds to the value. I really like how the products can be used on all exterior surfaces, are exceptionally easy to use, and its application is forgiving and faster as a result. They give excellent results, and are very economical.

Here’s the protocol I’m following for each vehicle using products from the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic line:

• Initially do an in depth detail, thoroughly cleaning and decontaminating the vehicle, and addressing any specific need for more severe paint correction. Then use the Ceramic Polish and Wax to address the overall paint condition, correction of minor imperfections, and to establish a base line foundational finish.
    • After each wash, use Ceramic Wet Wax as a drying aid to both mitigate water spots and to renew and refresh the finish.
    • About every three months, or as needed, refresh the finish with Ceramic Spray Coating after washing and drying the vehicle.
    • As needed, address localized contamination and issues using the Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer in between washings.

For my needs, this is a simple and economical vehicle care protocol that requires a minimal amount of time and effort.

The products are remarkably good, and approach if not equal the results from many premium products. The results may not equal the masterful work of a professional detailer. But for the time and budget I have available, and the methodology I like to use to care for my cars, the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic line is a great fit. I often recommend them to my friends, and I think they are also a great solution for the typical hobbyist and enthusiast.I'll try to post in the future to document the longer term effect and experience with these products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Products from a Hobbyist and Enthusiast Perspective

Great, and well-worded post.

Like Mike P said: Find something you like, and use it often.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes DeepImpactCoyote15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Products from a Hobbyist and Enthusiast Perspective

Does Auto Geek sell Turtle Wax products?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Does Auto Geek sell Turtle Wax products?
    Hybrid Solutions

6. Thanks Rsurfer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you.....one of the better worded and well thought out reviews of the product line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by synrg View Post
    Ahhh, thanks. Searched for Turtle Wax and no results.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been really impressed with the new turtle wax hybrid solutions line.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2016 Subaru Forester XT

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post. TW Hybrid Solutions really do a great job with value, application and nice results. And as mentioned, staying within the same line, you have every type of protection need covered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Ahhh, thanks. Searched for Turtle Wax and no results.
    If that’s the case, then someone dropped the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently turned a couple co workers onto to this product. They always comment on my vehicles looking good. Knowing they do not want to spend the time I do told them about this product. They love the quick simplicity and the results.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast