autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Polish and Seal VS McKee’s37 360 mini test.

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Nice, thanks for the updates.

Good luck on the move (one of those terrible experiences in life IMO). You moving for work? Weather? Family?
    Appreciate it! The move should go pretty smoothly, we’ve sold basically all of our furniture. My parents came up last week to grab a large part (2/3 or 3/4) of our boxes, half was detailing supplies haha.

Moving for weather and family, my parents and in-laws live in Florida near Orlando. They’re both are from Illinois and happened to just move 30-40 minutes away from each other. My job transfer unfortunately may fall through(Coronavirus is effecting this) now thst we’re coming up on our last two weeks and we’re in crunch time. My wife will be keeping her job and we will get settled in and I’m quite optimistic things will work out.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

2. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Very cool!! Thanks for posting.
    Thanks Dr Oldz, appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for testing! This just tells me it's probably a good idea to add *something* to the car's paint after the first wash. I also like the idea topping the high impact areas from the get-go or even just adding a little spray sealant during wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Thanks for testing! This just tells me it's probably a good idea to add *something* to the car's paint after the first wash. I also like the idea topping the high impact areas from the get-go or even just adding a little spray sealant during wipe off.
    Just trying to give back to the community and learn something along the way! This is a 24/7 365 daily driver that sits outside every second of the day and night. I’d imagine if this was a garage kept car and maybe one that lived most of its life covered in some way(garage at home, parking garage at work, etc) the AIO would potentially last much longer. As it is though I’d say the DP AIO in my conditions/area could go a month before total failure and the 360 about 2 months.

I also rarely will go a week without washing and pushing this to 15 days may have added to the abuse the AIO took. Normally at 15 days I’d usually have washed twice and used a detailer or spray wax to top up and add that extra bit of shine and pop!

Regardless of if I’m using an AIO or finishing polish I find myself always adding some stronger longer lasting LSP(a given in the case of a finishing polish of course). If not I’d have to use an AIO every 2 months or so if I weren’t to wash and use a topper every couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice write up! Thank you for doing that.

Hasnt DP been around and gone and back again now? Or are they claiming this is a whole new product line? I used to like the other DP stuff, and of course they killed it.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

7. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Really nice write up! Thank you for doing that.

Hasnt DP been around and gone and back again now? Or are they claiming this is a whole new product line? I used to like the other DP stuff, and of course they killed it.
    Thanks! I appreciate that, it was a lot of work and hard not to wash the car for two weeks and a day haha.

This is a revival of the Detailers Pride product line as far as I’m aware and has its name changed to DP Detailing Products. I thought these were updated products, but I never use the original DP line which was last around maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

I won a giveaway from AG when they first launched the DP line a few months ago and I really enjoyed the products I used, easy peasy and they’re quite economical to boot. As for the AIO, the durability sadly isn’t there, but as we’ve seen with many AIO and general LSP’s many factors can play into how long a product lasts and performs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123