autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Polish and Seal VS McKee’s37 360 mini test.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Very nice review!! Sounds super easy to work with and I like that. Looking forward to updates.
    It’s extremely easy to use, this is the 4th time I’ve used it and the experience reminds me s lot of HD/3D Speed. Much like Speed, it’s a bit tough to get out of pads though and will stain them.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Subbed! I'm enjoying these AIO tests. You get to the end of the test quicker than these coating tests haha. Fast finish seems like a great product to throw on top, I'm curious to see how it fairs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey DetailZeus, sorry I never replied idk how I missed it!! But yeah I kind of like them for the same reason, they’re relatively short term tests and being so easy to use doesn’t hurt if they fail after 3 months. You pull out the polisher, a few pads and AIO and good to go! I’m trying to do my best and not use any toppers on the hood and any gloss enhancing/wax shampoos to really test the AIO and not any toppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Update from 5/24, just a few days late haha.

My wife and I work early mornings, we had a couple hours of showers from about 4am-6am. I took her around 5:15 and it’s about 5 miles round trip(she works so close I’m jealous!). When I left for work it was 6:30 so the car had a taken a short drive and then parked about an hour before I took these pics. I applied the AIOs only about a week before these pics and needless to say, they’re still there!

This is an overall hood pic followed by the same pic zoomed in with a line drawn down the middle to show an approximate split between the two AIOs.

Left: DP AIO Polish and Seal Right:McKee’s37 360

Here’s a half hood shot of the DP AIO followed by a zoomed shot for more detailed beading.

This is the McKee’s37 360 side and zoomed in pic of the beads.

So there we have it, after about a week McKee’s37 360 has the edge over DP AIO. The car sits outside 24/7 and has been covered in pollen since the second I wiped the AIOs off the paint. Semi frequent showers and a few heavy rain storms in that time as well. I hope to get more pics in before next week but if not I plan to get to a pay and spray and test the water behavior of the hood as well as the rest of the car with Megs UFF. I wasn’t thinking when I took these pics, I def should’ve grabbed some beading shots of the overall car that morning to give a visual of the AIOs on the hood and the UFF sections. The beading of the UFF sections did look quite a bit nicer and tighter than the 360 section of the hood and looked strong.

Let me know if there’s anything specific you’d like me to test or if I’m missing anything so far!

6. Likes PaulMys, acuRAS82, DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: 15 days later and I gave the car it’s first wash, it’s outside 24/7 been getting a lot of pollen accumulation and on and off rains. The first 7 days or so saw heavy storms and downpours, along with good beading and sheeting. The past 7 or so days, I assume due to all the pollen and road grime from rain drives, hasn’t seen the same beading or sheeting. I waited about 2 weeks as I believe this is what Eldorado2k asked/wanted to see, that time was up and I wanted to get this into the pay and spray and give it a wash!

Before I left I took some hood shots.

I tried to capture the dirt and grime build up but the metallic is popping through with the sunlight.

If you remember, the rest of the car, besides being split 50/50 with 360 on the drivers side and DP AIO on the passenger side, I applied Megs UFF over the entire car besides the hood. I have pictures of the water behavior from the AIO products and UFF.

The following are pictures of UFF taken within a couple seconds after being sprayed down, I haven’t taken a mitt to the paint work yet. I wanted to test the surface tension of the sealant when it’s been covered in pollen and grime.

Roof

Passenger side door(this side has DP AIO, very similar behavior on driver side with 360).

Those panels have UFF on them, this is the hood with a thorough rinse wearing only the AIO’s. DP AIO on passenger side, 360 on driver side.

Pretty darn flat, they cleared water quite slowly and 360 was fairing a little bit better. I then washed it with DP Car Wash(I’m moving and most of my stuff is packed up now, I wanted to use Reset but it’s already in Florida). I have pictures of the soap on the surface to show how the sealants seems reacting to it.

DP AIO is looking pretty flat, 360 is resisting it a bit and I may have washed that area down 10 seconds before the DP AIO side. I then did a final rinse of the vehicle, immediately after spraying the panel is FLAT, I continue to rinse and the panel starts to come back a bit. The pics will show the change.

First rinse picture taken immediately after

Then I rinsed a bit more “thoroughly” and took pictures right after, maybe 10 seconds after and then a minute after to see the sheeting(they were done beading by this point).

The 360 was performing quite well in the sheeting department, if I had a flooding hose I’m sure it would have no problems clearing water. The DP AIO struggled quite a bit here, I think it could still be flooded to sheet water better, but I doubt it would be impressive. 360 other than only lightly beading, still resisted the pollen/grime from the first rinse, then resisted the soap during the wash and cleared the water at 2-3x the pace of the DP AIO. I’d say there’s a clear winner here and although DP AIO might have another 2 weeks in it I decided it wasn’t worth it as I’m moving in 2 weeks. 360 did well here and could probably go another 4-6 weeks. So looks like DP AIO would make about a month and 360 2 months.

For sh#ts and giggles, here’s a few panels with UFF after the wash and pictures taken within 3-5 seconds of spraying the panels down.

Roof, 360 in foreground, DP AIO in background.

DP AIO on passenger side, drivers side looked about the same.

There it is, finished test. I feel an AIO still has its place, especially in outdoor work, high heat and humidity. They seem to work in much more varying conditions and can be manipulated with pad choice. Also, you can take a durable sealant and throw it on top it and it seems to bond and hold up well short term. Using something like UFF only added some 15 minutes to the total detail, added much more protection and applied while I wiped off the AIO’s which I had to do anyways!! This is a great combo and a bit of a game changer for overall speed, quality and mobile work as well.

Some finished shots after using Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Wax and a final wipe with Megs Last Touch Detailer.

Tell me your thoughts on the test, do you feel any different about AIO’s because of it? Would you use them without an added topper and just reapply every month or 2 or add a durable sealant and stretch it out another 2-4 months? I’m interested it what people have to say, so if you have any tests or ideas on AIO’s, please share!

8. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent in-depth on this, DMig!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul, thanks so much! It was a lot of work and I wanted to be as in-depth and honest as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Hey Paul, thanks so much! It was a lot of work and I wanted to be as in-depth and honest as possible.
    You succeeded.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, thanks for the updates.

Good luck on the move (one of those terrible experiences in life IMO). You moving for work? Weather? Family?

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!! Thanks for posting.
    Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast