autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DP Polish and Seal VS McKee’s37 360 mini test.

Today I was able to get a quick detail in on my wife’s car and thought I’d do a test between these two products. One is a well known AIO from a brand no longer associate with the PBMG family, but has a few recent topics dedicated to it, so I wanted to compare it alongside the new DP AIO product. This DP AIO is new to the market as the brand is only some 3 months old and is still gaining traction here. I’ve used a handful of the DP products and can say they’re all very good, easy to use and offer an enjoyable experience. Now onto the details of this detail

I used one specific and dedicated pad(BOSS perfecting pad) and towel for the application and removal of each product. I worked in about 3x3 sections with 2 each up/down and side/side motions and quick arm speed with little pressure. Both products were shaken for about 30 seconds before use and about 5 seconds before every section was done to keep all ingredients thoroughly mixed.

I was intending to do a gloss enhancement as it’s been about a year since it was last polished so had some light water spotting and grime on/in the clear. I had no plans to remove swirls or scratches so the pictures won’t show any type of correction. I allowed the polishes to sit for about 15 minutes on the hood while I did other areas of the car. Driver Side received 360 and the Passenger Side, DP AIO.

Here’s DP AIO with its own towel and own pad(forgot to take pic of fresh pad, I had done one section already). The product has a strong pleasant cherry smell, it’s quite thick and is a vibrant pink color. It was extremely easy to work with and after a few passes it had thinned out and spread over the section with ease.

Here is the M37 360 polish, with its own towel and pad. As you can see I used about 4 quarter sized drops for each section with each product to try and keep them as controlled and consistent at possible. The product looks almost exactly the same as the DP AIO, but that’s where the similarities end. 360 has a slight cherry smell(ok the similarities end here) with a pronounced solvent smell, is much thinner in consistency and seems just a bit harder to work with, but still very easy. It too spreads over the panel and gives good working time, but does start to go clear the more you work.

Here’s the hood all set up with polishes applied and allowed to sit(this is only about 5 minutes after). You can see in the pics how much deeper the pink of the DP product is and how the 360 is much more of a pale pink color.

After letting them sit for about 15 minutes to haze up and bond, I wiped the polishes off. The DP AIO wipes so easily I had to check to make sure I was actually wiping something off the surface! It was immediately like staring at a fresh panel, clean, no streaks or smears. Turned towel over and buffed off any remaining polish. I did the same procedure to the 360 side and it too wiped off very nicely but did have a bit of dusting at wipe off, nothing terrible but something to note. The DP AIO definitely wins out here as the wipe off couldn’t be easier or cleaner! I probably could’ve dragged the towel on the hood and had the polish removed that way haha. As far as enhancing and cleaning up the paint, they both performed very well, light spotting gone and grime removed!

This process was done to the rest of the car, split down 50/50 DP on Passenger Side and 360 on Driver Side. The test will only be for the hood as I used a tip shared and learned from CruzsCarWash(AG name), and that is to apply the AIO and then wipe with a spray sealant after its sat on the panels as you finish the car. I used Megs Ultimate Fast Finish as it’s a pretty resilient spray sealant for how easy it is to work with. This will be part of a different test to see how durable this combo is(AIO+spray sealant) since recent tests here have shown some very mixed results with just an AIO, yet many of us here love using them over maybe a medium/finishing polish as they tend to be easier to work with and more sun friendly(just generalization!).

Anyways we are expecting rain in the next few days as Illinois seems to be having a bit of a monsoon season right now but today and tomorrow should remain dry. I will report with beading shots as soon as possible and the first wash(a week or two from now) will hopefully be at a pay and spray and I’ll use an LSP friendly shampoo. If I can’t do that I’ll do a simple rinseless or waterless wash and try to capture how the AIO’s respond.

Thanks for reading, your reward, a few finished shots just to add some eye candy to the overall post!

Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

2. Thanks acuRAS82, Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Polish and Seal VS McKee’s37 360 mini test.

Looks GREAT!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul, hoping the hood with no added sealant just AIO lasts longer than a few weeks, but after Friday we’re expecting storms for 5 days straight!

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Thanks Paul, hoping the hood with no added sealant just AIO lasts longer than a few weeks, but after Friday we’re expecting storms for 5 days straight!
    How are you at ark building?

8. Likes Celabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    How are you at ark building?
    Haha well if I’m honest, not very good, I’ll just have to find anything that floats!

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha well if I’m honest, not very good, I’ll just have to find anything that floats!
    I could empty out all of my product bottles, and when strung together, might just be enough to float a small town in Rhode Island.

12. Likes DMiglio, Celabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks sweet, very nice "flop" to that paint too.

re: storms. We've had 3 days straight of rain, with more forecast for the next 5 days as well. Tornado warnings/spottings the other night, and they had to put up the floodwalls in parts of the city. Poor Michigan has it even worse as several dams have failed.

14. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I could empty out all of my product bottles, and when strung together, might just be enough to float a small town in Rhode Island.
    Hahah might take you up on that offer, I’ll empty mine as well and build that ark!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Looks sweet, very nice "flop" to that paint too.

re: storms. We've had 3 days straight of rain, with more forecast for the next 5 days as well. Tornado warnings/spottings the other night, and they had to put up the floodwalls in parts of the city. Poor Michigan has it even worse as several dams have failed.
    Thanks Rambler! It’s a nice color, wouldn’t say it’s a favorite of mine but it’s quite unique in that it has a silver-bronze-brown tone to it that’s looks great all shined up! Loses its appeal though when it’s a bit cloudy out sadly as the metallic goes “flat.”

I hadn’t heard that about the dams, the storms lately in the Midwest have been quite intense so I’m not surprised by them causing major damage. There’s a town near me, Wheaton IL, that’s largely flood plains and I’ve seen pictures of houses completely surrounded by water, streets flooded, backyards that look like ponds. It’s been nice having no rain for a chance but looks like they’ll be here soon for about a week straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review!! Sounds super easy to work with and I like that. Looking forward to updates.
    Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast