autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why I Love McKee's 37 SiO2 Enhanced Tire Shine

Why I Love McKee's 37 SiO2 Enhanced Tire Shine

For starters McKee's 37 SiO2 enhanced tire shine is actually good for the rubber on your tires. It contains no solvents which could turn your tires a nasty brown and it also protects your tires. If you layer it correctly it leaves a deep glossy shine that will not sling on to the paint panels and it dries to the touch. The problem with solvent based tire shines in addition to them turning your tires brown is that the solvent actually dries out the rubber and cracks your sidewalls over time. I've seen it happen through my own personal experience. The silicon dioxide in McKee's 37 SiO2 enhanced tire shine actually leaves a barrier of protection on the tires that protects against the harmful UV rays of the Sun. In the short video clip below you will see my wife's tires one week after being shined with 2 layers of the McKee's 37 tire shine. As you can see the shine is wearing some but it's still very attractive. When the shine is first applied it doesn't look trashy like some tire shines. I think tire shine products that are too shiny tend to look like a woman with too much make up on. It just doesn't look right girl! I prefer the gloss, deep shine, and most importantly the PROTECTION the McKee's 37 can give you. Here's a tip technique : What I do is layer 2 layers of tire shine on each tire. I typically spray 3 squirts into the applicator for 1/2 of the tire than 3 squirts into the applicator for the other half, working one half of the tire at a time and thoroughly working the product into the rubber. I do one side of the vehicle with 1 coat and as I wait for the 1st coat to dry I move to the other side of the vehicle and do the other 2 tires then after the tires on the 1st side have dried for a minute I come back and I add another layer for a total of 2 Coats of the tire shine on each tire. After the tire shine has completely cured then I take a microfiber cloth folded as pictured below and gently wipe off the excess tire shine. One final thing I'd like to add is this tire shine doesn't seem to attract dust. I like to tell people that 25 percent of the reason I detail is for the way the products smell. Let me tell you that this stuff smells AWESOME! It comes in a nice bottle too and I reccomend buying the shine with the McKee's 37 applicator. Store your applicator in a zip lock baggie left open for ventilation.Why I Love McKee's 37 SiO2 Enhanced Tire Shine

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why I Love McKee's 37 SiO2 Enhanced Tire Shine

Good review! I like this tire dressing too!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Good review! I like this tire dressing too!
    Why I Love McKee's 37 SiO2 Enhanced Tire ShineWhy I Love McKee's 37 SiO2 Enhanced Tire ShineThanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. How is the durability?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I can only compare it to Perl or the other Gel tire dressing from McKee's. The SiO2 tire dressing does last a bit longer than the other 2. But to be honest, after using the SiO2 tire dressing for about a month, I went back to Perl. The SiO2 one is too matte for my liking. It almost looks like it's a clean tire with no dressing. I prefer the looks of Perl, even if it doesn't last as long.
    Bruno Soares

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how it compares to Duragloss
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

My only gripe with SiO2 ETS is that the prep is essentially the same as if a tire coating was being used. Lot’s of scrubbing. Obviously the tire coating lasts a lot longer. So I’ve been only using this as a topper when the coating is keeping the tire clean.

Something like Gloss Tire Gel you can slop it on without scrubbing each tire for 20 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I think the durability is great! As you can see from the pictures above my wifes Jeep tire is still shiny after over a week, and you can compare to the freshly dressed Equinox tire also pictured above. The key is layering. I believe you can do up to 3 coats. As always durability also depends on the conditions the tire is subjected to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I can only compare it to Perl or the other Gel tire dressing from McKee's. The SiO2 tire dressing does last a bit longer than the other 2. But to be honest, after using the SiO2 tire dressing for about a month, I went back to Perl. The SiO2 one is too matte for my liking. It almost looks like it's a clean tire with no dressing. I prefer the looks of Perl, even if it doesn't last as long.
    I appreciate this post. I really was not a fan of mckees tire gel. It's probably the only product of theirs I own that I wouldn't repurchase. To hear it's maybe only a little longer lasting is a bummer.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    I appreciate this post. I really was not a fan of mckees tire gel. It's probably the only product of theirs I own that I wouldn't repurchase. To hear it's maybe only a little longer lasting is a bummer.
    I get maybe 2 weeks out of Gloss Tire Gel, but if there’s a heavy rain within that time and I’m driving in it, it smears and streaks and looks terrible. So when I did use it I would redo after every good rain. I did like that it had slight cleaning ability so you could skip it on even when the tire was kind of dirty. But it’s become my lazy, winter option now. Spring through fall gets the tire coating which lasts 2+ months before I decide to re-apply.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast