autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Update on the Jade Graphene Pro

Photo from the day after it was pulled out of the garage.

Final walk around the day after.

Nice beading for Jade Graphene Pro from the first wash.

Calibrated eye says about 120

Topped off with Adams Graphene Detail Spray

First wash video

Post Thanks / Like

That first pic was incredible, even made the emblem big....oh wait, it was alreadyIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes dgage, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone that works in another industry where Graphene will begin making its headway, it is definitely the next big thing. In fact if cost barriers didn't exist, it would replace so many goods that currently exist. If you ever want to head down a rabbit hole, check out some of the graphene tests.

Spider webs that support human weight
    Apply across a football field and yet weight is about the same as coins.

Anything where light weight meets heavy protection, Graphene will be a huge player. The problem is currently, most cannot work with the chemical side and the cost side to get it in place for consumer goods. In the auto care space, very few have been able to get there, one being B&B. Over the next couple of years, I would expect just about every company to have a Graphene product.

Currently some other areas are working to get there. Skis and golf equipment in sports. Cell phones in electronics. Window treatments such as tints (for homes). Outdoor living items.

It is a product that surpasses so many others in terms of tensile strength that it is literally stronger than the material your car is made of, by A LOT. It is in fact the strongest material ever discovered and as costs come down and chemists learn to work with it, the entirety of what can be done in the consumer space is mind boggling.

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am getting close to three months on my 303 graphene application that I made to my car, and it still was beading like crazy and looks great. And this is just with one coat of the product. Until the next big thing, I’ll stay with this, I also like the fact that it’s pretty cheap as opposed to the more high end stuff which I’m sure will have better durability, I don’t mind putting this on every 4 to 6 months. I use a red soft pad on a cordless orbital and it spreads super easy… The only minor downside is it seems to separate in the bottle very quickly, so I’m shaking it up every time that I put it on the car, or on the pad. My sprayer also broke on the 303 bottle.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I am getting close to three months on my 303 graphene application that I made to my car, and it still was beading like crazy and looks great. And this is just with one coat of the product. Until the next big thing, I’ll stay with this, I also like the fact that it’s pretty cheap as opposed to the more high end stuff which I’m sure will have better durability, I don’t mind putting this on every 4 to 6 months. I use him a red soft pad on a cordless orbital and it spreads super easy…
    I agree with you. I have 303 on my DD since November 2020 and had my first wash a few days back. It is still strong from I can tell and my car sits outside 24/7. In general, I would use a high PH pre soak to soften the road grime prior to a contact wash on vehicle that hasnt been wash for a while but I didnt have to with this.

For the price and the potential longevity (1 year - Not sure if it would last that long in my case), its very hard to beat for a DD.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you guys are getting great results with the 303 graphene spray, a detailer is in the works along with soap and tire dressing (a little bird flew by and was chirping about it, stay "tuned")

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I am getting close to three months on my 303 graphene application that I made to my car, and it still was beading like crazy and looks great. And this is just with one coat of the product. Until the next big thing, I’ll stay with this, I also like the fact that it’s pretty cheap as opposed to the more high end stuff which I’m sure will have better durability, I don’t mind putting this on every 4 to 6 months. I use a red soft pad on a cordless orbital and it spreads super easy… The only minor downside is it seems to separate in the bottle very quickly, so I’m shaking it up every time that I put it on the car, or on the pad. My sprayer also broke on the 303 bottle.
    Can we get some pics of the beading?

I’ve only seen it on a test panel and i wasn’t too impressed for a coating.

Coulda been application error and tester didnt seem two enthusiastic. Wanna see some pics from people who are impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This was from a light rain.
    Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally pulled my 303 graphene bottle out of the shipping bag. I had an extra hour or so on Saturday afternoon and decided to try out the 303 Graphene on our Range Rover Sport. 303 went on fast and easy. Wiping it off took a bit of effort, definitely more effort than just your regular all-in-one or other finishing product. When I got it all cleaned off, WOW! It made the black Rover look amazing. I got three unsolicited comments from people I didn't know when parked in the local Trader Joe's parking lot. I will monitor the durability. The Rover sits out every evening and we are about 1/2 mile from the coast. The AIOs, Blackfire and HD Speed are so easy to apply and clean off, but they just don't hold up with the humid salty air. Photo to follow. So far, it is two thumbs up. My neighbor picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax Graphene and used it on his BMW X-5, we will see how they compare in a month or two. Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-rover-graphene-jpg  

14. Likes Jayfro, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, so much for my 303 Graphene excitement. This is my real life assessment. This is not a youtuber "let's wash this old hood twelve times in a row and call it a three month test." It has been exactly one month since I applied the 303 Graphene to our Range Rover Sport, Santorini Black. The Rover sits outside most of the time. We are near the coast and get a breeze off the ocean every afternoon. I typically do a weekly hand-wash. It was rained a couple of days and we had fairly heavy evening dew several evenings. At first application, the paint looked better than showroom. It really looked amazing. After the first two weeks, the beading was still great. I had great hope for a 6 month or yearlong paint protectant, as advertised.........well, as they say, "not so fast." Third week, beading started breaking down a bit. This last week, there was a very visible drop in beading and sheeting. Frankly, I didn't notice much difference that the HD Speed or Blackfire One Step. Both of those products are easier to remove than the 303 Graphene. I will give it one more week and then maybe top it with something to get some beading back. I know that the So Cal Sun and ocean air take a toll on coating and protectants, but I was very surprised that the 303 Graphene didn't hold up better.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast