autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant

Introduction:
    Liquid sealants are nothing new. They have been around for years. What is new is the addition of Si02. Think of this as an Uber WDGPS 3.0 on gloss steroids!
    Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant

Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant is an enhanced SiO2 formulated paint sealant that creates a durable layer of hydrophobic protection. This hydrophobic protection allows for water sheeting, extreme gloss, slickness and durability. The properties of Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant even promote self-cleaning abilities. With protection against the damaging effects of any environmental contaminants, Wolfgang SiO2 Sealant give you months of shine and protection with just one application!

Product Description:
    Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant provides your car with a layer of protection and durability. This protection comes in the form of hydrophobic capabilities. These hydrophobic properties will allow water to bead and sheet off your car. This is helpful to keep your car clean as water won’t stick to the surface, embedding itself in the paint and creating water spots, especially the water sheeting. Water sheeting can occur no matter if the panel is angled or flat. A surface that is hydrophobic, is also easier to clean.Product Details:

Directions:
    -Shake well!
    -Apply to a cool surface out of direct sunlight.
    -Wash and dry entire vehicle before application.
    -Inspect surface condition and decon/polish as needed.
    -Use Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep or similar to remove any oils that would prevent the paint sealant from properly adhering to the surface.
    -Apply Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant onto a foam or microfiber applicator pad and apply to surface, working one panel at a time.
    -Allow a cure time of approximately 15-20 minutes before buffing away with a microfiber towel.
    -Do not expose surface to moisture for approximately 12 hours after application.

PROS:
    Works just like a liquid wax. Easy to use and friendly
    Long lasting protection
    Ease of application allows to see where you have spread it
    Will not leave high spots behind that may need to be polished out
    The shine is unreal

CONS:
    Can take more effort to remove if applied too thick
    May be hard to remove from foam buffing pad

Conclusion:
    This is a great LSP for anyone wanting more out of a traditional synthetic LSP without the associated in depth prep work of installing a coating such BlackFire Pro Ceramic coating, CQuartz, GTechniq CSL, Gyeon, ETC.

This product installs just as WDGPS 3.0. One thing to note is we all know how hard it can be to clean a pad that was used for 3.0, so I would only use a foam hand applicator pad and toss out after application.

The Wolfgang Si02 Waterless Wash will be a great maintenance companion.
    Product Review: Wolfgang "UBER" Si02 Waterless wash

2. Thanks acuRAS82, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, PaulMys, hoyt66, cyclops, Loach and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant

Nice review! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I echo all of the statements by Mike about Si02 Paint Sealant. I just applied it Saturday and it's truly DGPS on steroids with the glassy look. I did machine apply it but the pad is still soaking in the pad cleaner bucket...maybe it will be more difficult to remove, but for now I'll just have to wait and see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant-20200502_161020-jpg   Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant-20200502_161031-jpg   Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant-20200502_161114-jpg   Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant-20200502_161104-2-jpg  

5. Likes acuRAS82, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used this over the weekend as well. I applied it using a DA and a finishing pad, and had zero issues removing it. Gloss and slickness are outstanding....can not wait to see how it holds up.

Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant-wg_sio2_50pct2-jpgProduct Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant-wg_sio2_50pct-jpg

7. Likes acuRAS82, DFB, PaulMys, Willbeen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Nice review! Thanks.
    Yes sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Willbeen View Post
    I echo all of the statements by Mike about Si02 Paint Sealant. I just applied it Saturday and it's truly DGPS on steroids with the glassy look. I did machine apply it but the pad is still soaking in the pad cleaner bucket...maybe it will be more difficult to remove, but for now I'll just have to wait and see.
    That Audi is looking nice! Well done.

I couldnt believe the look after being applied. Really is icing on the cake!

Let us know how it goes when cleaning the pad.

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I just used this over the weekend as well. I applied it using a DA and a finishing pad, and had zero issues removing it. Gloss and slickness are outstanding....can not wait to see how it holds up.
    Nice looking finish on the older Tundra! Truck looks younger! Next up, headlight restoration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

Nice looking finish on the older Tundra! Truck looks younger! Next up, headlight restoration.
    You know it......7 years and 96000 miles have taken their toll

10. Likes Mike@DedicatedPerfection liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think this product outmatches Fusso Coat in hydrophicity? I'm looking for something to replace Fusso as my sealant for my daily driver I've heard good things about ceramics being able to self clean well. I live in a rural area and my car is ALWAYS covered in dirt. I don't have the time to clean my car more than once a week. I also live in a state that sees salt on the ground from December to March so that's also an issue. Am I better off with this? I love Fusso for it's mind blowing durability (for a sealant) and price per application.

Post Thanks / Like

What will you be using to maintain? Drying aid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djdosn193 View Post
    Do you think this product outmatches Fusso Coat in hydrophicity? I'm looking for something to replace Fusso as my sealant for my daily driver I've heard good things about ceramics being able to self clean well. I live in a rural area and my car is ALWAYS covered in dirt. I don't have the time to clean my car more than once a week. I also live in a state that sees salt on the ground from December to March so that's also an issue. Am I better off with this? I love Fusso for it's mind blowing durability (for a sealant) and price per application.
    I have no idea as I have not used any Fusso products.

I would try this out and see how you like it. I as well as others are really liking it. So far, so good. Surely one Sealant to have in your arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    What will you be using to maintain? Drying aid?
    Mentioned and copied link at the end of my OP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    You know it......7 years and 96000 miles have taken their toll
    That's it? I have a 9 year old Outlander pushing 185K LOL. I'd take 96K when it was 7 years old.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast