autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    That's it? I have a 9 year old Outlander pushing 185K LOL. I'd take 96K when it was 7 years old.

I figure I've got about 150k more to put on it....gonna save money at my funeral by putting my casket in the back

2. Likes BadRims liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm not a coating guy, and like my liquid sealants. This definitely has my attention
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    i'm not a coating guy, and like my liquid sealants. This definitely has my attention
    This is one that literally anyone can appreciate I think. Megs tried this recently with their ceramic liquid “wax” but given the incredible respect most people have for WG DGPS (compared to Megs liquid sealants I suppose), I think this could be the people’s choice for product of the year.

Or maybe I’m blowing things out of proportion, but thanks for reading anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

You surely wont be disappointed. Fantastic product.

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    This is one that literally anyone can appreciate I think. Megs tried this recently with their ceramic liquid “wax” but given the incredible respect most people have for WG DGPS (compared to Megs liquid sealants I suppose), I think this could be the people’s choice for product of the year.

Or maybe I’m blowing things out of proportion, but thanks for reading anyways.
    I agree. Given the number of people that love WG DGPS, this one surely will earn its spot on the top shelf.

6. Thanks Rod73 thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82, Rod73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

so why this over the ceramic spray coating by WG?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

so why this over the ceramic spray coating by WG?
    I’ve gotten better behavior up front out of the sealant. Better beading, sheeting, and seems a bit more glossy (judging by only small panel applications though).

But, I’ve been torturing my X5 paint by washing a ton and letting it live outside during spring rain season and it seems like heading towards the 7 week point the WG Ceramic Spray is gaining ground. Would it be gaining ground if I wasn’t washing the test area 3-4x a week with what is turning out to be fairly harsh wash soap (Four Star professional series wash shampoo)? Dunno, doubt it. But I needed a way to speed up my testing since I’m doing a full correction in June or July. Products closer to traditional coatings (like WG Ceramic Spray) generally resist harsh chemicals/soaps the best and maybe that’s starting to show. I would say the two products water behavior on my hood are tied now. Sealant started off significantly better.

Overall, I like the sealant more at the 6 week mark.

P.S. - The Four Star soap I’ve been using is assumed harsh by me because it’s beat WG DGPS and PBL Sealant pretty bad in 6 weeks. Granted, no one washes their car as much as I’ve been washing the test areas, but I get 6 months out of DGPS when not torturing it. I received the soap for free and was using it as my glossless soap for the last 1+ year but just recently received Reset and Hyperwash. So the remainder of my testing will play out with better soaps.

New Wolfgang Ceramics vs DPGS hood test!

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Mike !!!!
    Thanks Pat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’ve gotten better behavior up front out of the sealant. Better beading, sheeting, and seems a bit more glossy (judging by only small panel applications though).

But, I’ve been torturing my X5 paint by washing a ton and letting it live outside during spring rain season and it seems like heading towards the 7 week point the WG Ceramic Spray is gaining ground. Would it be gaining ground if I wasn’t washing the test area 3-4x a week with what is turning out to be fairly harsh wash soap (Four Star professional series wash shampoo)? Dunno, doubt it. But I needed a way to speed up my testing since I’m doing a full correction in June or July. Products closer to traditional coatings (like WG Ceramic Spray) generally resist harsh chemicals/soaps the best and maybe that’s starting to show. I would say the two products water behavior on my hood are tied now. Sealant started off significantly better.

Overall, I like the sealant more at the 6 week mark.

P.S. - The Four Star soap I’ve been using is assumed harsh by me because it’s beat WG DGPS and PBL Sealant pretty bad in 6 weeks. Granted, no one washes their car as much as I’ve been washing the test areas, but I get 6 months out of DGPS when not torturing it. I received the soap for free and was using it as my glossless soap for the last 1+ year but just recently received Reset and Hyperwash. So the remainder of my testing will play out with better soaps.

New Wolfgang Ceramics vs DPGS hood test!
    thank you. i think this falls in line with what I've known to be a very broad and general rule of thumb, in that the sealants and waxes look nicer and perform better, but dont have the longevity of a coating. If it's hard to tell by the naked eye though, i'd want to try a spray on coating... to this date I haven't been a coating guy as I never felt the effort was worth the reward. the spray on coating game changes things a bit.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

13. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you. i think this falls in line with what I've known to be a very broad and general rule of thumb, in that the sealants and waxes look nicer and perform better, but dont have the longevity of a coating. If it's hard to tell by the naked eye though, i'd want to try a spray on coating... to this date I haven't been a coating guy as I never felt the effort was worth the reward. the spray on coating game changes things a bit.
    I feel the same way.....although that new Dr Beasleys Coating looks interesting too

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast