autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating (Mini-Review)

This is a short review of the new Wolfgang's Uber Ceramic Spray Coating. I guess one of the advantages of a pandemic lock down is that you have the chance to do tasks that you always put off. The good news is that I have been slowly been working through complete details of all my cars since I haven't been doing any details for clients.
    As part of the spring detail of my 2012 Jeep Sahara I had the chance to try out the new Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating. PMBG was kind enough to send me a bottle to try.

As part of the detail I was also trying out some of the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions products including the new TW Ceramic Polish and Wax and the TW Ceramic Spray Coating. I thought this would be a good chance to compare side by side the TW Ceramic Spray Coating to the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating. For the test I washed, decon'd, and polished the Jeep with a my Griots G9 and various pads using the TW Ceramic Polish and Wax. I split the hood in half and decided the best way to compare the two products would be to apply the TW Ceramic Spray Coating to one side of the hood and fender and Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating to the other. This should give an accurate assessment of durability and water behavior.

Application:

I applied the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating in a slightly different manner than that TW Spray Coating and opted to try using a suede applicator and block. I found this method to be somewhat easier as I was able to use less product and spread the product evenly with less worries of creating high spots. The Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating spread easily and I ended up using about 2 sprays per panel.

Removal:

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating was super easy to remove and I had no issues with streaking or high spots. The paint was immediately slick and the increased gloss was very impressive.

Final Thoughts:

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating and TW Spray Coating were both super easy products to use. Both products left the paint very slick and extremely glossy. I think the deciding factor in the comparison is going to be be durability as both products are on the same level for usability. The price point is definitely higher for the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating. I am allowing both products to cure for 24 hours prior to exposure to any water. I will try and report back on the durability of both products as my Jeep is not garage kept and is outside 24/7.

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Likes Loach, swexlin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating (Mini-Review)

Do you think you’ll be able to tell durability with the TW Polish and Wax underneath? I assume other panels have TW P&W alone to compare what it looks like alone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Do you think you’ll be able to tell durability with the TW Polish and Wax underneath? I assume other panels have TW P&W alone to compare what it looks like alone?
    No...my comparison was to compare both of the ceramic spray coatings in the same manner. I am sure that durability might be slightly effected but TW Ceramic Spray Coating can be applied over Polish and Wax. We shall see....

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to say that when either spray protection fails, there will still be protection from the P&W. But perhaps the P&W characteristics are noticeably different to be able to tell one of the sprays is failing.

Post Thanks / Like

following....

Post Thanks / Like

Both products are definitely glossier after curing for 24 hours.

8. Thanks Meghan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Front fenders are the only vertical panels, right?