This is a short review of the new Blackfire Iron Removal Gel. I took advantage of this during the latest 50% off brand sale and decided to try it based on the fact that I was running low on the regular Blackfire Iron Remover. The test subject was my white 2012 Jeep Sahara that I recently did my semi-annual decon on.

Product Description:

BLACKFIRE Iron Remover Gel is a formula designed to remove unwanted iron particles from painted surfaces. The thick formula of BLACKFIRE Iron Remover Gel clings to the surface and allows for a longer work time for extreme contaminant removal. BLACKFIRE Iron Remover Gel features a unique active ingredient that changes color when it interacts with iron particles and is easily rinsed away.

Cost: $27.99 for 32 ounces

DIRECTIONS:
*Do NOT use on anodized aluminum or any other surface that is not clear coated.*
-Apply only on cool surfaces and out of direct sunlight.
-Spray Blackfire Iron Remover Gel directly onto the painted surface and allow to dwell.
-As the product comes into contact with iron particles, you’ll see the color start to change.
-Once the color has changed, the product can be safely rinsed away. DO NOT allow product to dry on the surface.
-Continue around the entirety of the vehicle.

Application and Thoughts:

I applied
Blackfire Iron Removal Gel in the shade to my vehicle and waited approximately 5 minutes for a color change and reaction to the iron particles on my white Jeep. The product did an excellent job and I noticed a significant color change even though I decon my vehicle about 2x's per year. The product is extremely thick and I found that based on this thickness that I had a hard time covering a large area on a body panel as the product would tend to accumulate directly where it was sprayed. I found it harder to cover a larger area with a misting spray and also found that I was using a lot more product than if it was thinner consistency. Blackfire Iron Removal Gel rinsed away cleanly with no issues. However I did find that I had some over spray on my head light lens that I did not rinse completely and from the sun that was peaking out through the clouds I did get some hazing on the lens. This was easily cleaning up with a mild polish.

In sum, I will probably continue to use the regular Blackfire Iron Remover. I find that I can get more coverage and use less product with the regular Blackfire Iron Remover by misting and spraying over entire panels. For someone that is looking for an iron remover with a long dwell time then I would recommend Blackfire Iron Removal Gel. The product does cling exactly where it is sprayed for a long period of time and did a great job on the panels that it was sprayed onto The only downside for me was that the spray was extremely concentrated in one particular area limiting my coverage area and causing more product usage.

Pictures: