This is a review of the Detailers Pride Floor Mat Cleaner and Protectant. With the popularity of the "Weathertech Style" floor mats in many vehicles, many product manufacturers are making cleaners and protectants specifically for use on plastic floor mats. Similar offerings can be found from McKees37 and Blackfire and I have used both on many different types of mats with great success.

I find the advantage of this "floormat AIO's" is that they don't have the harsh effect that many APC's can have on the mat plastic. In many cases a harsh APCs can leave the weathertech style floor mats with a white chalky look that has to be corrected with a silicone type dressing that ultimately leaves the floor mat very slippery. These new cleaners specifically for floor mats are gentle on the plastics, clean extremely well, and leave a perfect matte, original, non-greasy look to the mat.

Product Description:

DP Floor Mat Cleaner & Protectant uses a pH-neutral formula to clean plastic and rubber floor mats, removing dirt, mud, oil, spilled drinks and more. DP Floor Mat Cleaner & Protectant restores the original look and feel of your mats, leaving behind a sleek, satin finish. Plus, DP Floor Mat Cleaner & Protectant protects against fading!

DIRECTIONS:
*Not for use on carpeted floor mats*
1. Spray DP Floor Mat Cleaner & Protectant directly onto the floor mat or liner.
2. Using a stuff scrub brush, agitate the surface.
3. Wipe excess product away with a microfiber towel or rinse away with a jet of water.

Cost: $9.99 for 16 ounces

Application:

The test subject for the
Detailers Pride Floor Mat Cleaner and Protectant is a set of Weathertech floor mats. I applied the Detailers Pride Floor Mat Cleaner and Protectant liberally to the mat and worked the product in with a Tuf Shine brush. The product cleans extremely well however on some more difficult stains I found I had to use a second application to get the mat completely clean. I then wiped down any residue with a micro fiber towel. Detailers Pride Floor Mat Cleaner and Protectant cleaned the mat extremely well and left the mat with a clean, dry, matte look. The surface was not greasy or overly slippery.

For anyone that has these style of floor mat or works on them frequently in their business I highly recommend these type of products. It is probably the most efficient way to clean and preserve plastic style mats without running the risk of damaging them with harsher chemicals or leaving them greasy. I will always have a floor mat cleaner and protectant in my detailing arsenal. Detailers Pride Floor Mat Cleaner and Protectant is a great choice for someone looking to save time and effort in cleaning and maintaining their plastic style floor mats.

Pictures:

Before

After