autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

DP VLP Coating Review

This is a short review of the new Detailer's Pride VLP Coating. I guess one of the good things about your state being on "lockdown" is that you get to test out some new products and detail your own cars. The test subject for the Detailer's Pride VLP Coating is the leather seats on my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I was just getting ready to coat them with Gyeon Leather Shield but PBMG was gracious enough to send me a few of the new DP products for testing and I decided to go with the DP VLP coating on my seats. DP VLP coating is a nano based coating that can be applied to leather and plastics which can last several months.

Product Description:

DP Leather, Vinyl & Plastic Coating is a nano-polymer-based protection that protects leather, plastic and vinyl from the damaging effects of UV rays, moisture, oils and other contaminants. Once applied, DP Leather, Vinyl & Plastic Coating will last for months while giving off a low-sheen, newly detailed look. Highly concentrated, DP Leather, Vinyl & Plastic Coating can provide up 55+ applications. Plus, DP Leather & Vinyl Coating comes in the ease of a spray bottle.

DP Leather, Vinyl & Plastic Coating consists of nano-polymer based protection, which basically means you are getting an extra special level of protection, designed to last longer. This extra protection protects against harmful UV rays that cause oxidation, moisture and oils that can ruin a leather surface and other contaminants that are causing harm to your interior leather, plastic and vinyl surfaces.

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Clean the surface to be coated with DP Total Interior Cleaner to remove large pieces of debris and dirt.
    2. Shake DP Leather, Vinyl & Plastic Coating well.
    3. Spray DP Leather, Vinyl & Plastic Coating onto a microfiber coating applicator.
    4. Spread evenly across the surface to be coated.
    5. Allow product to dwell for approximately one minute.
    6. Buff away with a clean microfiber towel.

Cost: $14.99 for 4 ounces

Application:

I cleaned prepped my Jeep Wrangler seats with ADG F-Bomb APC at 10:1 to ensure they were clean and free of any other dressings. I applied DP VLP coating with a micro fiber applicator. A few spritzes onto the applicator was all that was needed and the product applies very easily. A little goes a long way with this product so be sure to not over apply. On initial application the seats had a slight gloss but as the product cured it had a very matte finish. I would compare the look to that of Ultima Interior Guard which is a very factory, matte, OEM look. The seats were also very soft and slick to the touch after about 15 minutes.

I was very impressed with the Detailer's Pride VLP coating. It gave my seats the perfect OEM look that was not overly greasy. Since a little goes a long way you should be able to get about 55+ applications from the 4 ounce bottle. For those that are looking for a nano based leather and plastic coating that lasts several months you really can't beat this price point.

Pictures:

Slight gloss immediately after application

After 15 minutes and curing
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Likes swexlin, PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

re: DP VLP Coating Review

Nice Pat. Hoping for some good weather this weekend, so I can get to my truck detailing. Which I'm not driving much, since currently working from home!

Post Thanks / Like

re: DP VLP Coating Review

Ordered gyeon leather shied myself i wanted something more long term. Ordered the PBL L&V coating for my dash and plastics as gyeon doesn’t recommend.

Heard great thinks about PBL L&V coat. Being from PBMG this should be similar at a killer price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk