autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating - First Impressions Video

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I did snatch this during 50% off. I’ll be doing a little comparison test later today to compare to the new SiO2 sealant and a few others over the next few months.
    Were you able to compare the two? Any feedback?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post

I just finished up the video of my first impressions of the newly released Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating that I wanted to share with you guys. First of all, big shoutout to Mike Phillips who posted a fantastic writeup that really piqued my interest in wanting to pick up the Uber Spray Coating, please check his thread out here if you haven't gone through it yet: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating

Here's my video:

Overall, I went out of my way to set up the new spray coating to fail and perform poorly by applying it directly to 150°F paint, in direct sunlight, overapplying it, and not allowing it to cure before running the rinse/wash/strip tests. It still passed with flying colors. I did not see a difference in the hydrophobic performance by allowing it 24 hours of curing compared to an immediate rinse.

Although I don't necessarily recommend you apply it in the manner that I did, I did not have any particular issues in this test. Went on easy/buffed off cleanly, hydrophobics were off the charts in the short term. Completely unfazed by a heavy application of Poorboy's World Strip Down in the stripping test directly after application. Surprisingly good results in the short term, I'm looking forward to playing around with it some more and seeing how this holds up in the long run on the daily driver. Anyone else able to snatch this up from the 50% off sale recently?
    Thanks for the review!
    Would you consider this a real coating or more of a coating lite or maybe in-between?

Post Thanks / Like

That’s some really nice water behavior. Nice video.Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating - First Impressions Video

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    Were you able to compare the two? Any feedback?
    See the below thread. No water comparisons yet (supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow), but I provided a few (boring/obvious) application thoughts.

New Wolfgang Ceramics vs DPGS hood test!

5. Likes PaulMys, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this! Only direct competition I can think of is Can Coat. I’ll be following your channel looking for updates.

Post Thanks / Like

See the below thread. No water comparisons yet (supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow), but I provided a few (boring/obvious) application thoughts.

New Wolfgang Ceramics vs DPGS hood test!
    Your findings are the opposite of Loach for the spray coating. Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating - First Impressions Video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Your findings are the opposite of Loach for the spray coating. Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating - First Impressions Video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Opposite might be extreme, but it hasn’t blown away everything else for me.

I haven’t tried to make application difficult. I’m spraying with my normal spray settings rather than flooding with no attachment and it sheets well but not better than it’s sealant brother. Also it’s gone through some real world driving compared to Loache’s stationary hood. It applied easily, but again, so did it’s competitors.

Due to my findings I recently applied it elsewhere to compare against some other competitors (CanCoat, PBL Surface Coating, Viking Spritz) so I can figure out if my application was flawed or if it’s behaving consistent for me.

9. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Opposite might be extreme, but it hasn’t blown away everything else for me.

I haven’t tried to make application difficult. I’m spraying with my normal spray settings rather than flooding with no attachment and it sheets well but not better than it’s sealant brother. Also it’s gone through some real world driving compared to Loache’s stationary hood. It applied easily, but again, so did it’s competitors.

Due to my findings I recently applied it elsewhere to compare against some other competitors (CanCoat, PBL Surface Coating, Viking Spritz) so I can figure out if my application was flawed or if it’s behaving consistent for me.
    Looking forward to this too!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh isn't as good as first thought.
    Looks like the others are better.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I washed the Uber Spray Coating section that I applied to the front bumper 10 days ago with Reset. Car was driven down to Naples and back since, about 450 mile round trip with some good bug shots, and it's held up well. Still nice and hydrophobic, I think CanCoat would have edged it out in hydrophobics based on what I'm seeing, but this is still very hydrophobic after the wash. Should have a video posted tomorrow.

Definitely keeping an eye on acuRAS82's results as well, that's great side by side testing with the other products in the line. Tested spray and rinse capabilities next to the Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax on the test panel as well with really promising results, blew the Griot's out of the water (literally).

13. Thanks SNP209 thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast