autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Ceramic Coating for New Orca Black Metallic Audi

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Adams is in our neck of the woods. You might want to look at their UV ceramic coating. Don’t other with their spray coating for your needs. The UV aspect will help with high spots.

Their coating is blended by B&B Blending and they are also in Colorado. Their coating is jade Quartz. Adams is slicker and easier to use. Durability is up in the air and I am currently testing that out.

The other option as mentioned is Cquartz UK 3.0. A little more effort with application but nothing to be concerned about.
    Thanks for the reply. I’ve also had Pinnacle Black Label paint coating recommended to me by Mike Phillips. Have you compared the Cquartz UK 3.0 to that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lkaten View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I’ve also had Pinnacle Black Label paint coating recommended to me by Mike Phillips. Have you compared the Cquartz UK 3.0 to that?
    Yes. Cquartz is better in my experience. PBL gets the ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply. I'm wondering...what do you mean Cquartz is better? Do you mean that PBL won't last as long, and I'll need to re-apply sooner...or that immediately after application, Cquartz has better appearance, protection, etc.? I'm just considering that, after reading several posts about applying Cquartz, it seems that it is quite a bit more time intensive to apply and cure. I don't have another car to drive, and this is the family vehicle that hauls around kids just about 7 days a week. One or two days a week, my wife's car is possibly available to transport. So, in the past when I have applied WG DGPS, I could typically do all the prep work on a Saturday or Sunday, apply the DGPS in the evening, and end up getting 12 hours of cure time overnight before taking the car out. The weather needs to cooperate, too. I'm in Colorado. Right now, it can be 10 degrees F out at night, and anywhere from 20 to 60 in the day. It could be snowy and a mess, or sunny and beautiful. I do have a garage to do the actual work in. So that works well. My point being that, as much as I'd love to spend the days on the car, I typically don't have many days to be doing all the work and then keep it from getting wet (summer is even worse, with thunderstorms most afternoons). That being said, I still strive for a beautiful and protected car. So, if PBL still gives me an awesome end result, but just doesn't last as long, I can probably deal with that. If Cquartz is that much better, though, maybe I could work harder to try and make it work. Sorry for the long-winded message. I appreciate your evaluation of these coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

CQUK 3.0 is better in every aspect. Pick a characteristic and it is better than PBL. Does it take a little more effort? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes.

I gave you other options in a previous post. You don't have to buy products just from here.

Wait for the weather to get better and then do it. Your paint won't fall off if you don't have anything on it.

You might also consider what Rsurfer posted about using a lite version of a coating such as Cquartz Lite or Gyeon CanCoat. Even these are better than PBL.

Good luck with whatever coating you choose.

6. Likes BudgetPlan1, Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CQUK 3.0 is better in every aspect. Pick a characteristic and it is better than PBL. Does it take a little more effort? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes.

I gave you other options in a previous post. You don't have to buy products just from here.

Wait for the weather to get better and then do it. Your paint won't fall off if you don't have anything on it.

You might also consider what Rsurfer posted about using a lite version of a coating such as Cquartz Lite or Gyeon CanCoat. Even these are better than PBL.

Good luck with whatever coating you choose.
    Thanks,
    So, if I go with CQUK 3.0, is this a good plan?:

1) After washing and drying, apply IronX
    2) Rinse
    3) Clay
    4) Remove MgCl2 stains and swirl marks with Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover. (Hoping that does the trick)
    5) Clean car with Eraser
    6) Apply CQuartz UK 3.0
    7) Clean car with CarPro Eraser
    8) Use CarPro Reset as my wash to maintain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lkaten View Post
    Thanks,
    So, if I go with CQUK 3.0, is this a good plan?:

1) After washing and drying, apply IronX
    2) Rinse
    3) Clay
    4) Remove MgCl2 stains and swirl marks with Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover. (Hoping that does the trick)
    5) Clean car with Eraser
    6) Apply CQuartz UK 3.0
    7) Clean car with CarPro Eraser
    8) Use CarPro Reset as my wash to maintain
    No need to do nr. 7.

You may want to do Gliss or Reload after applying 3.0 to eliminate the chance of water spotting while curing.

9. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you go with UK I would highly recommend Gliss over it. Takes the coating to another level.

But I agree with the comment about not going for longevity when you own a black car. If you really want it looking great you’ll want to polish it once a year or more, then a long lasting coating is useless.

CanCoat would be a great choice. Easy to use and good for about a year, just enough for another polishing round.
    Bruno Soares

11. Likes Rsurfer, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    No need to do nr. 7.

You may want to do Gliss or Reload after applying 3.0 to eliminate the chance of water spotting while curing.
    Oops...number 7 was a mistake. Only intended Eraser to be for number 5.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    If you go with UK I would highly recommend Gliss over it. Takes the coating to another level.

But I agree with the comment about not going for longevity when you own a black car. If you really want it looking great you’ll want to polish it once a year or more, then a long lasting coating is useless.

CanCoat would be a great choice. Easy to use and good for about a year, just enough for another polishing round.
    Thanks. So, no matter what coating I have, I'm going to be seeing swirls on my black paint within about a year? If I went with CQ Lite, would I still use Gliss over it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast