autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Speed Master Bucket Buddy Review

This is a quick review of the new Speed Master Bucket Buddy. PBMG was kind enough to send one to me for a quick review. The Speed Master Bucket Buddy is a pocketed holder that fits over standard 5 gallons buckets and allows you to hold various tools, brushes, or spray bottles when detailing. I decided to use the Speed Master Bucket Buddy in my dedicated wheel detailing bucket to hold my various brushes, mitts, or wheel cleaners.

Product Description:

The Speed Master Bucket Buddy is an organizational pouch that has many pockets for storage and conveniently wraps around a gallon wash bucket.
    Lugging products, towels and different types of brushes around isn’t any fun for someone who is preparing to spend a good deal of time washing a vehicle. Not everyone has the space to store a cart, but everyone has the space to store the Speed Master Bucket Buddy, it’s like a version of a cart for your bucket.

Cost: $17.99

Features:

The
    Speed Master Bucket Buddy is made of a lightweight material that has 6 full sized pockets that fit around the bucket. One of the pockets has straps that will allow you to hold tools or handled brushes. There is one ring on the Speed Master Bucket Buddy that will even allow you to hold a microfiber towel. I was able to fit just about all of my wheel brushes into the pockets including my Speed Master type wheel brush, tire brush, wheel face brush, and 3 smaller wood handled brushes.

Thoughts:

The Speed Master Bucket Buddy is a great product for someone looking to keep all of their detailing tools in one location along with their bucket. I have been using one from another manufacturer for many years for wheel detailing. The ability to keep and have all of my brushes and wheel tools organized with my bucket within reach is a huge time saver. With the addition of a sealed lid on the bucket the Bucket Buddy would be perfect for someone who lives in an apartment and has limited space to detail. You would be able to keep all of your detail sprays, products, and cleaners on the outside of the buckets and keep all of your microfiber towels protected inside while storing. There were two issues that I noticed on the Bucket Buddy that could get annoying. First, the Bucket Buddy can be difficult to install and get over the bucket while keeping it tight and not falling off. I ended up tightening the Bucket Buddy without the bucket and pulling it over the handle and down onto the bucket to ensure a tight fit. Secondly, the tools that you use while cleaning (wheels for example) will get wet from water splashing out of the bucket or while you might be pulling various wash media out.

In sum, I found the Speed Master Bucket Buddy to be an excellent product. It appears to be very well made with good stitching where the pockets are attached. As I stated I have been using a similar design for years from another company and it makes detailing more convenient and is a huge time saver not having to reach and search out products.

Pictures:

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Master Bucket Buddy Review

PBMG sure sends you a lot of things to try!!

Nice review Pat!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Master Bucket Buddy Review

Good review. Seems like a handy product to have. I'll have to revisit my "Double Stack" bucket system and see what I have, and if I can incorporate the Buddy.

I really like that Speed Master is making various tools to help detailers