autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro ech2o + Clarify + GlassFiber towel + GTechniq I2 Tri-Clean reviews

Clarify's a pre order here, but since it is coming any time, this part of the review should be uh, okay? I took pics, but I have an iPhone SE and the sun wasn't very sunny. Cleaning a white car on top of that, I only got 2 good pics, but that's better than nothing.

I've used like 7 different rinseless/waterless products over the years. Aside from a rare Gyeon Bathe+ washing, I do about 95% Waterless and the rest Rinseless. For whatever reason I've never used ech2o, I order it for this go-round CP says 1:5-1:15, that's a pretty big range, I went with 2oz for a 16oz bottle. Car wasn't that dirty, and imho @ 1:5 it makes an already pricey product even more $$$. I haven't used a waterless product in awhile that recommends a 2nd pass over to buff it off. So I broke out my double sided towels. Red side for cleaning, black side to get the remainder of the product off. It's very slick, and at a medium dilution it still had some decent cleaning power. I usually put my waterless solution in a pump sprayer, but this go-round I used the spare 16oz ech2o bottle I bought. I think I ended up using a lot less than I would have in my Kwazar or IK sprayer. I used maybe 12oz, and I also did the outside windows. It was already not that sunny, and I was finishing just as the sun was starting to set. But, I saw a bit of shine for sure. Hopefully tomorrow's real sunny so I can really get a look at it. These are the 2 pics I took, it was the absolute dirties part, and clearly too dirty for a waterless. But it never gets seen, so if I swirled it up it's no thing lol. I sprayed it on, let it dwell a minute and I'd say the dirt and gunk came off without much scrubbing. I hope the gas cap appreciates it's new clean hpme. Last note on it, it seemed to work pretty good on the windows too.

Carpro ech2o + Clarify + GlassFiber towel + GTechniq I2 Tri-Clean reviews-img_0949-jpgCarpro ech2o + Clarify + GlassFiber towel + GTechniq I2 Tri-Clean reviews-afta-jpg

Pros - very slick, and the towels didn't ever feel grabby. It smells good, but honestly once diluted I don't know if I even noticed it.
    cons - 2x the price of my old go to, which is about 8x the price of N-914, or more. I suck at math, basically even at the highest dilution this is one of the priciest products out there for waterless. As a Rinseless the dilution's much better. I don't understand how this is 1:200 @ rinseless and N-914's 1:256, but at waterless this is 1:15 and n-914's 1:128. But I'm not a chemist, and I went to So Cal public schools so...

Clarify was a joy to use, it smells pretty good, I sprayed very little and I got no streaks just like the bottle says. The CarPro GlassFiber towels are AWESOME SAUCE. They're expensive, there's no 2 ways about it. The only 16x16 towels I've have that cost more are Polish Angel ones. And those are hand made in Germany. Or maybe that's just their chemicals I dunno. But yeah, these are pricey. Now all my Polish Angel and Gyeon stuff I'm kind of immune to thinking "oh that's expensive" when ordering something. I ordered 5, and honestly they're worth $10 a piece. I HATE doing windows, I suck at it. But these made the process more bearable. The internal foam layer let me clean a lot more window without the towel needing to be swapped. it's not a gimmick, it really does help keep the towel far less saturated are dryer. 2 towels and I had the front and all 4 side windows looking good. Normally I would have used 6 or 7 towels for this. So I'm a happy camper there. I will be buying more, these are officially my new favorite glass towel. I'd probably still wait for a 15-20% sale to get em though. Now back to Clarify, I don't know what kind of results I'd have gotten with a lowly $4 peasant waffle weave glass towel. Next time I have windows to do I'll purposely use a cheap towel so I can see how big of a a difference the GlassFiber towels make. I like there was zero grabbiness, but again I'll have to try the CarPro towel with a different glass cleaner to see if it makes a difference there. I encountered nothing but slickness here, so 2 thumbs up. OH ZERO linting! I don't even know if they can lint. It's like a pile-less towel. However they made it, it feels like no towel I've ever owned. And I probably have had like 100 different ones over the years lol. I'm thinking they might make a good interior towel too.

Pros: Both Clarify & the towels are good. No annoying grabbiness. Smells nice, someone said it's Banana. I HATE Bananas, and I hate the way they smell, I smelled it again today, and I still don't get Banana. But whatever, it smells good to me lol. And I only had to spray a few sprays for the entire front windshield.
    cons: both are expensive, with that said I'll buy a gallon of Clarify when it's out, and I want a case of the towels. If you're not a spendy person, yeah neither are probably for you. But if you're like me and go "ohhh! $150 Polish Angel Color Charged spray wax with gold flakes in it!" *ADD TO CART!* then I recommend both.

GTechniq I2 Tri-Clean, I was intrigued by the description:

Why use Gtechniq I2 Tri-Clean?

I2 Tri-Clean is an all-surface interior product that cleans, kills 99.9% of bacteria and absorbs odours.

Developed in conjunction with the global leader in antibacterial and antimicrobial technology, BioCote®, I2 ensures surfaces remain hygienic and fresh, by actively reducing the number of microbes.

I2 also contains a true odour absorber, not an odour mask, that elimnates tacky residues that attract dirt.

Sounds great. I had a car that sat out overnight in the pouring rain with cracked windows. A few days later the inside smell pretty musty and bad from the water that has soaked into the seats. So I sprayed some of this, and let it sit overnight. I was surprised the next day when I came out to clean the inside that the smell was 90% gone. That was with me just spraying a few times and nothing else. So on the odor claim alone it was already winning in my eyes. I cleaned the dash with a Detail Factory brush, it lathered up nicely and left the dash looking clean with a nice satin finish. It has an unusual smell, definitely chemical like, but not bad and not overpowering. One of GTechniq's things is they don't add fragrances and junk to make a product smell better. The smell was gone by the next morning any ways. I kinda like it to be honest, year chemically, but in a clean sort of way. I'd say price aside, this is one of the best interior product I've used. Then I read what someone wrote and it hit me, it doesn't have any UV stuff in it I'd still buy a 5l jug of it though, as it cleaned fantastic, and the odor removers in it seem to be up there with dedicated odor removal products - which don't clean. I know of no product that does everything this does + has UV protection. So I think my future combo will be this + 303 Protectant. And according to one of Mike's write up's on here it can be used on carpet and fabric. GTechniq makes no mention of this. But that's a plus as I don't think any of the other interior products I've used would work well on upholstery or carpet. I used it inside with a drill brush to clean up a 2yo's vomit on carpet - it did a great job.

Pros: cleans very well, eats up odors, and is anti-bacterial. All of which I love. And can be used on carpet and upholstery too.
    cons: a bit pricey, no UV protection

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro ech2o + Clarify + GlassFiber towel + GTechniq I2 Tri-Clean reviews

Awesome write up and review!

Man I'm getting more sold on the Carpro Glass Towels and Clarity the more I hear of these. Didn't know about the foam interface in the glass towel but that you did get so much done with them makes it even more impresive. I also use a lot of glass towels so that's handy if you need to be useing less of them. The great glass cleaners has the benefits of needing less product and the Sonax Glass Cleaner is a such. But what's interesting to hear about the Clarity is that you don't get the grabbyness. That I usually gets with the second glass towel that I mopp or buffing of any left behind. And that can be frustrateing to handle LOL

Thanks for shareing your experience!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro ech2o + Clarify + GlassFiber towel + GTechniq I2 Tri-Clean reviews

I gave my CarPro glass towel another shot this weekend and it worked pretty well. It's a larger than usual towel so you'll fold it but it's also a little stiff which makes it awkward to handle but since I was cleaning the inside of the windshield and back window that wasn't an issue. No lint and the results were good. I used McKee's 37 Krystal Vision glass cleaner.
    Since this was a new car and probably had film on the interior of the windshield (it sat at the lot about 3 months) I also used McKee's 37 2020 Cockpit Glass Cleaner and that product is great. Left the glass squeaky clean. Didn't use the CarPro towel for this tough, don't want to contaminate that with the product, used a regular MF towel to wipe it away and it requires flipping the towel often as product builds up and will smear. Just get a clean side of the towel and it wipes off nicely.
    Bruno Soares

5. Likes SWETM liked this post